🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to complete video verification
Page options
mairasalazar
Community Member

Unable to complete video verification

Hello,

When I log in my account, the following message is displayed:

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

The problem is, when I click on the link, it takes to the Help center and then, before I can click on anything else, takes me back to Upwork's homepage. I have tried accessing that link through my account, and still doesn't work. I've tried using another browser, same thing happens. Even when I try logging in the Help Center, it redirects me to the homepage. Is there any way to make the link work, and finally have the video verification call?

Thank you for yout help,

Maira

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

Could you please try now to complete the verification process and let me know if you`re still experiencing the same problem. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

124 REPLIES 124
oromticha
Community Member

The same for me. When I click "start chat" for identification, it takes me to help topics. It's the same cycle every time I do that. Please help.

Hi Aman,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cooked or login in with another browser to complete the process? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Aman M wrote:
The same for me. When I click "start chat" for identification, it takes me to help topics. It's the same cycle every time I do that. Please help.

I had the same thing happening with Brave browser. Worked on Chrome. 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
shirirungu-virgo
Community Member

Hey community! I recently have been required to complete the verification process. the ID step is already completed but I am having troubles with the video one. Can anyone help me out? I actually can see many members with the same issue! please help

Hi Virgile,

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you getting an error when trying to click on the start chat button? You may want to try using a different browser or clear your cache and cookies also. If that doesn't help, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I would like to let you know that the issue persist despite trying all
the alternatives you provided. Thank you

Hi Virgile,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey community! I recently have been required to complete the verification process. the ID step is already completed but I am having troubles with the video one. After pressing 'start chat' I get forwarded to the Support page and nothing alse is happening. I cleared coockies and cache, checked browser and site settings (allowed pop-ups, access to camera and mic), tried several browsers like Chrome, Edge and tried my smartphone. Everywhere the same result - support page.

Please help!

Why do we keep on having to do video ID?

I think there is something wrong with the system. My account was restricted and I needed to do a video verify. For the 2nd time this month!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shane,

While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients.

Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Aleksandr,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
p-sahay
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

Am facing a similar issue.. The following banner keeps showing up :

"Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."

But clicking on here just reloads the page.

Request your assistance with helping unblock me.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Could you please try clearing your browser's cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~ Avery
Upwork
p-sahay
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have tried all the recommended browsers and have tried disabling all plugins as well. None of this seemed to help unfortunately.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the confirmation, P S,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks a ton, Goran. Look forward to receiving the email.

shaneb76
Community Member

That is exactly what happened to me. My account was restricted while I was busy working, despite doing video verification less than a month ago. 

Having being here since this place was still called odesk, I didn't find it amusing to receive no prior warning to re-identify myself so quickly after the previous video call and have my account restricted in the hour break I was on. It's not something that changes on a regular basis you know.

zhoexavier
Community Member

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing the same issue. I already uploaded my ID, and when I got to the next step, for video verification, Timed Out Waiting was shown. So what I did was I reload the page, and when I clicked on "Start Chat", the "waiting bar" was not there anymore and it took me to another page, which is the support site of upwork. I tried it another web browser but unfortunately still not working. I'll state this question again with Maira, "Is there any way to make the link work, and finally have the video verification call?"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joepet,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies of the browsers you're experiencing this issue with? 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

It still doesn't want me to initiate a quick video call. I already cleared the cache and cookies in my browser, I'm using Chrome, and its on the latest update. Please help.

Thank you,

Joepet

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joepet,

It looks like you were able to complete your verification process and you already received the badge. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. I have successfully completed verification for a govt-issued ID.

But I'm not able to go through with the video verification call, as I'm constantly being redirected to the Upwork Support page.

Please let me know how to solve this and complete the call.

Thank you

Hi Shraddha,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete the process. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your quick response. I was able to have the call on Firefox browser.

Have a good day!

Shraddha

Hello Upwork team,

I have the same problem. After trying many times with both Firefox and Chrome with ad-blockers turned off, I have not been connected for a video chat yet. 

Please help to resolve this issue. 

Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hoa,

Our team will reach out to you as well and will assist you further on your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
terri_benton
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I click on start chat and the webpage redirects to the Help screen. I have a job in the works. Help please!

Hi Terri,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I tried to clear my cache and use and different browser, but I was still
unable to load the chat.

Hi Bojan, 

I tried to clear my cache and use another browser, but it still didn't work. 

Terri

Hi Terri,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
taraskho
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem with video verification. I tried on Chrome and Firefox and both did not work.

Please help me with this issue.

Thank you,

Taras

Hi Taras, 

An agents just updated your support ticket seconds ago. You can access it here or via a notification that was sent to your email. Could you please follow their instructions and communicate with them via that support ticket to complete the process? Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi. I am also experiencing the same issue.. I've already processed the Id verification but the video verification link always redirects me to your supprot page.. I just want to finish my video verification. Thank you

I am having the same issue here. Every time I try to support I get redirected back to upwork.com. I am trying to do my video verification.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alec,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

~ Bojan
Upwork
7edc9642
Community Member

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue with video verification. I tried on Chrome and Firefox and both did not work. After clicking "Chat now" I get redirected to the support page. Please help?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diego,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same issue, can't connect to video call. Support site routes back to homepage when any link is clicked.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths