🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to complete video verification
Page options
mairasalazar
Community Member

Unable to complete video verification

Hello,

When I log in my account, the following message is displayed:

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

The problem is, when I click on the link, it takes to the Help center and then, before I can click on anything else, takes me back to Upwork's homepage. I have tried accessing that link through my account, and still doesn't work. I've tried using another browser, same thing happens. Even when I try logging in the Help Center, it redirects me to the homepage. Is there any way to make the link work, and finally have the video verification call?

Thank you for yout help,

Maira

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

Could you please try now to complete the verification process and let me know if you`re still experiencing the same problem. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

124 REPLIES 124
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

Could you please try now to complete the verification process and let me know if you`re still experiencing the same problem. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran! That worked perfectly.

I have the same problem, unable to video verify.   I tried multiple times, complained on this forum, get some response from Upwork without a solution.  Tried different browsers, cleared my cache, stopped ad blocker always the same result - it blinks a few times and takes me back to MY Jobs.  Can Upwork staff login to my computer and check what is going on?  My due date is tomorrow, I am working on new contract offer, please do not block me.  Please help! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Krystyna,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
krybuk
Community Member

Bojan, when I clicked your "here" link it takes me to the Help page for a second then immediately it opens My jobs.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that, Krystyna.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Sir,

i'm facing the same issue of video verification just like others.

please help me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad Danial,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi can someone please help me with my video verfication process?

Hi Kristine,

To start the video chat, you need to go to Settings > Identity Verification and click on the green 'Start Chat' button. Could you please let us know if you are experiencing any issues by doing so?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hello admin. I am doing this step already but it just leads me to upwork
setting page again. the start chat green button does not work.

Hi Kristine,

One of our team members already followed up with you on this support ticket to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I am having the same issue for video verification. Whenever I click on start chat, support page is opened.

Hi Usman,

Please try to complete the process by logging in via Firefox. If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

how are you doing?

I'm unable to complete video verification - the same issue as with the others in this thread - when I try to verify it returns back to the work page [firefox and chrome both do not work] - please assist. 

Thanks!

Lakshman

Hi Luxman,

Our team will follow up on your ticket directly with additional instructions as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the assistance Guran!  Awaiting help from Upwork Team.

elkeia23
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

Hello Valerie,

I hope that you can help me too! My account is currently limited and is being asked to do an identity verification - video verification in particular. This is step is very simple and I don't have an issue with it. What makes it complicated is the fact that my account has completed both ID and Video verification processes way back Sept of 2019. This means that I do not have the link to proceed. And I am starting to get frustrated with the support that I receive. 

I am more than willing to comply and complete this asap but am not getting anywhere with Support.

Please help.

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roshelle Anne,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
khunshaj
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to verify, I have already uploaded my national id. But the video chat redirects me to the help center instead of any video meeting on Google meeting or something. I have no idea what's wrong, I have the latest Chrome and healthy Windows. Please help I have 6 days left and a contract in the works.

Hi Khunsha,

I checked and it seems that you already finished the video verification. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same problem! Help please.

Hi Mariel,

I checked your account and see that you have already submitted a ticket for this issue. I can confirm that our team has replied to your ticket. Please follow the instruction they shared on the email so that you can complete the video verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
zeshan26
Community Member

My friend is also having same issue. He's not able to do video verfication when he click's on verification button page goes to jobs feed and also he not able to contact upwork.

His name: **Edited for Community Guidelines**
His email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sheikh,

Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you. Your friend can refer to the details our team has shared on his tickets. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

My freind is not able to do anything. He is not able to contact customer support and open tickets. His account power is completly useless. Please figue it out.
Thanks

Hi!

I also have a problem with video verifying.

When I log in my account, the following message is displayed:

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

But it just brings me back to Help centere page.

Thank you ,

Andjela

Many, many people have reported that but Upwork doesn't care. They like have us wasting our time and contact CS or come here. How difficult is it to even get a link working?

I'm still having this issue. I can't even use UpWork.

I click the link and get the support page, I ask the bot and it tells me to check email, no email (inbox or junk).

How do I verify?!!!

Hi Steve,

I can see that you have opened a ticket for this and I`ve escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will update your ticket with detailed instructions on how to finish this short verification process. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I'm also facing the same issue. I'm unable to do Video Verification. Could you please me here?

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To start a video call, please go on this page and click on the button 'Start Chat'. You will be redirected to a different page where the popup for video call should appear. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andjela.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same thing happened to me , I am unable to get the video connection, it sends me to some general page.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Krystyna, 

You will need to login to this page to be able to initiate the chat with one of our agents. Kindly login to the page, and click on the verification link again This should initiate a pop-up chat window and you can proceed with the verification from their. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have a similar issue. I started the video verification process. When I clicked on the "Start Chat" button, I redirected the support page and in the right bottom corner a chat started automatically. I got there a link to the Google Meet room, where I clicked on the "Ask to Join", and it timed out, nobody let me in.

Now, if I click on the "Start Chat", the chat not starts automatically. I tried the Google Meet link several times, but nobody responded so far.

Best Regards,

Bence Hári

Hi Bence,

Thank you for following up with the details. Our team will assist you further directly on your ticket with number 27970533. 
One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the exact same issue, unable to start chat. It redirects me to upwork help page

Hi Fiza,

I checked, and I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update you directly on your ticket to assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths