Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complete video verification

Maira S Member Since: Oct 15, 2018
1 of 32

Hello,

When I log in my account, the following message is displayed:

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

The problem is, when I click on the link, it takes to the Help center and then, before I can click on anything else, takes me back to Upwork's homepage. I have tried accessing that link through my account, and still doesn't work. I've tried using another browser, same thing happens. Even when I try logging in the Help Center, it redirects me to the homepage. Is there any way to make the link work, and finally have the video verification call?

Thank you for yout help,

Maira

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 32

Hi Maria,

Could you please try now to complete the verification process and let me know if you`re still experiencing the same problem. Thank you.

Untitled
Maira S Member Since: Oct 15, 2018
3 of 32

Thank you, Goran! That worked perfectly.

Krystyna B Member Since: Nov 5, 2019
4 of 32

I have the same problem, unable to video verify.   I tried multiple times, complained on this forum, get some response from Upwork without a solution.  Tried different browsers, cleared my cache, stopped ad blocker always the same result - it blinks a few times and takes me back to MY Jobs.  Can Upwork staff login to my computer and check what is going on?  My due date is tomorrow, I am working on new contract offer, please do not block me.  Please help! 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 32

Hi Krystyna,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Krystyna B Member Since: Nov 5, 2019
6 of 32

Bojan, when I clicked your "here" link it takes me to the Help page for a second then immediately it opens My jobs.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 32

I'm sorry to hear that, Krystyna.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Mariel N Member Since: Jul 10, 2019
8 of 32

Same problem! Help please.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 32

Hi Mariel,

I checked your account and see that you have already submitted a ticket for this issue. I can confirm that our team has replied to your ticket. Please follow the instruction they shared on the email so that you can complete the video verification process. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Sheikh Zeshan A Member Since: Jun 14, 2018
10 of 32

My friend is also having same issue. He's not able to do video verfication when he click's on verification button page goes to jobs feed and also he not able to contact upwork.

His name: **Edited for Community Guidelines**
His email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS