cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complete video verification

Highlighted
Aleksandr M Member Since: Apr 28, 2020
61 of 87

Hey community! I recently have been required to complete the verification process. the ID step is already completed but I am having troubles with the video one. After pressing 'start chat' I get forwarded to the Support page and nothing alse is happening. I cleared coockies and cache, checked browser and site settings (allowed pop-ups, access to camera and mic), tried several browsers like Chrome, Edge and tried my smartphone. Everywhere the same result - support page.

Please help!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shane B Member Since: May 6, 2015
62 of 87

Why do we keep on having to do video ID?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
63 of 87

Hi Shane,

While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients.

Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shane B Member Since: May 6, 2015
64 of 87

I think there is something wrong with the system. My account was restricted and I needed to do a video verify. For the 2nd time this month!

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
65 of 87

Hi Aleksandr,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
P S Member Since: Apr 28, 2020
66 of 87

Hi Upwork Team,

Am facing a similar issue.. The following banner keeps showing up :

"Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."

But clicking on here just reloads the page.

Request your assistance with helping unblock me.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
67 of 87

Hi there, 

Could you please try clearing your browser's cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists?

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
68 of 87

Hi Avery,

I have tried all the recommended browsers and have tried disabling all plugins as well. None of this seemed to help unfortunately.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
69 of 87

Thank you for the confirmation, P S,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
70 of 87

Thanks a ton, Goran. Look forward to receiving the email.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS