cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complete video verification

Highlighted
P S Member Since: Apr 28, 2020
81 of 98

Thanks a ton, Goran. Look forward to receiving the email.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shane B Member Since: May 6, 2015
82 of 98

That is exactly what happened to me. My account was restricted while I was busy working, despite doing video verification less than a month ago. 

Having being here since this place was still called odesk, I didn't find it amusing to receive no prior warning to re-identify myself so quickly after the previous video call and have my account restricted in the hour break I was on. It's not something that changes on a regular basis you know.

Highlighted
Joepet V Member Since: May 12, 2020
83 of 98

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing the same issue. I already uploaded my ID, and when I got to the next step, for video verification, Timed Out Waiting was shown. So what I did was I reload the page, and when I clicked on "Start Chat", the "waiting bar" was not there anymore and it took me to another page, which is the support site of upwork. I tried it another web browser but unfortunately still not working. I'll state this question again with Maira, "Is there any way to make the link work, and finally have the video verification call?"

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
84 of 98

Hi Joepet,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies of the browsers you're experiencing this issue with? 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Joepet V Member Since: May 12, 2020
85 of 98

Hi Bojan,

It still doesn't want me to initiate a quick video call. I already cleared the cache and cookies in my browser, I'm using Chrome, and its on the latest update. Please help.

Thank you,

Joepet

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
86 of 98

Hi Joepet,

It looks like you were able to complete your verification process and you already received the badge. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Shraddha A Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
87 of 98

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. I have successfully completed verification for a govt-issued ID.

But I'm not able to go through with the video verification call, as I'm constantly being redirected to the Upwork Support page.

Please let me know how to solve this and complete the call.

Thank you

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
88 of 98

Hi Shraddha,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete the process. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Shraddha A Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
89 of 98

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your quick response. I was able to have the call on Firefox browser.

Have a good day!

Shraddha

Highlighted
Hoa L Member Since: Jun 11, 2020
90 of 98

Hello Upwork team,

I have the same problem. After trying many times with both Firefox and Chrome with ad-blockers turned off, I have not been connected for a video chat yet. 

Please help to resolve this issue. 

Thank you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS