🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to connect my visa card
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Moiz,

I checked and it seems that you already have a support ticket regarding your concern. Feel free to follow up on your support ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8e4dc161
Community Member

I tried to buy connection the attached message came. what can I do.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Prabhakaran,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jawad0342
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team & Upwork Community,

With all due respect I would like to report an issue that I am facing problems while buying connects with my master card I had tried almost 3 to 4 times up till now still it says card number not valid even though my number is valid and I am not doing any typo mistakes, I humbly request please look into this issue and let me know the proper resolution for this issue .
Regards ,
Jawad .

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jawad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Jawad,

I would also advise you to either use another browser or login again. It happens sometimes that the given passwords, or card numbers are not accepted. 

I have faced this issue and what I do is to wait a little and do the process again or login again. After this, my issue is resolved.

Best of luck.

Thanks

https://www.coupongot.com/
basitchamp
Community Member

Hey,
I want to buy connects but the billing page is giving an error. It says, "Sorry, a critical Component of this page failed to loadPlease reload the page." Tried on mobile as well, changed my browser, cleared cookies but still, the error is occurring. It's been a month now. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try adding your billing method first? Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Afterwards, you should be able to purchase connects by following the instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cdscomp
Community Member

I tried to buy connect with different cards & different payment modes, but still failing. Suggest any other option

Hi Chandrakant,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding your billing method and purchasing Connects. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
3456ab5a
Community Member

I am new to this platform, and when I try to buy connects with visa card, this message shows up. Please help as I have no connects left.

Hi Zawiyar,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble buying Connects. I checked and you may need to get in contact with your bank to ask them about the specific charge decline. If they confirm everything is ok on their end, you may reach out to us again so we can further assist you. Alternatively, you may use any other of our available billing methods in order to buy Connects.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3456ab5a
Community Member

I asked my bank if there is any issue regarding online or international
payments, but everything is fine according to them. My international
transactions are allowed and there is no such limit. But still I face the
same problem.

Hi Zawiyar,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
katara-meenu
Community Member

Hello, there i am new to upwork. I can't buy connects may be because my account basic plan is the previous plan and guess need it to be update to the new basic plan to be able to buy connects. What should i do?

Hi Meenakshi, 

Is there an error message whenever you try to purchase connects?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,
As i am from india i tried to buy connects through my visa credit card and this is what happen-

I first select the package i want to buy than i click on " buy connect".
The page shows redirecting to bank account page.( as my billing method is saved)
After the page opens the bank account page ask for OTP the finale step of purchase.
I get the OTP and enter it into the page.

But when i enter OTP it doesn't pay, instead it throw me back to the same page of add more connects... with a message at top " select " add connects" to continue.

Why i can't buy it is there any specific reason?

Hi Meenakshi,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to purchase connects? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No, didn't i cleared cookies and cache , tried login through a different browser too but nothing happened. This is what shown in the last of after submitting OTP (picture below).

Hi Meenakshi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am encountered with the same problem

Can you please help me out on this, if your issue resolves.

Hi Milin,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to purchase the connects?

Once you`ve selected the bundle you would like to purchase, you will need to click on the green button at the bottom. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cleared all the cache and cookies and try to do the payment again but i
am still encounter with the same problem
Please tell me some appropriate method to resolve this issue.

Hi Milin,

I checked and it seems that you already selected your membership plan. Could you please send us the screenshot of the error from your end so that we can take a look?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am trying to buy 20 connects for that i entered otp and press 'submit'
,it refreshes the page and takes me to the same window ,which i attached it
below in this mail.
Please look into it.

Hi Milin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
8a8791ea
Community Member

"Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us."

I have already waiting for 48hrs. I want to purchase connects mainly but It's not showing me option for verify my identity, I'm unable to connect my bank or Visa card for purchasing or withdrwal.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahsan,

I checked this for you and you should be able to add your billing method and purchase Connects. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
8a8791ea
Community Member

Thank you, Bojan! Now it's working finer.
one more thing, when I will get the verified tag? As the system was asking it for me every time. I didn't get any email though!

Hi Ahsan,

I checked with the team, and they have confirmed that you haven't completed the ID verification badge process yet. Please complete this by logging into your account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
zain_ali321
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to attach my paypal account for the payment of connects. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hi Zain,

I checked your account but was not able to view any billing methods attached to your account. Please keep in mind that in order to be able to purchase Connects via PayPal, you will need to have a verified PayPal account.
To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to attached my PayPal but I am getting an error that my paypal associated max number of accounts. Even I remove it.

Hi Zain,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
manya_sachdeva
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects using my debit or paypal account from India. 
Kindly help me for the same. 

Hi Manya,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another card to your PayPal wallet. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bilaljan48
Community Member

I want to purchase the connects, but when I click to add connects, then they show "try alternate billing method or try later." What is the problem?

Hi Bilal,

I would advise to check your payment methods under Settings -> Get Paid. There is likely an issue with your current payment method. I would also check if you have any unread emails from Upwork or your payment method provider (perhaps in your spam/bulk email folder?).

Good luck

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bilal,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths