🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to decline refund request
Page options
Community Member

Unable to decline refund request

I have been working on an hourly job for the last 2 weeks. But, suddenly I felt ill and I informed my client that I can't continue the job. Then he canceled the contract and sent me a refund request for the amount of the 1st week. I refunded the amount. But, then he again requested a refund for the second week. I don't want to refund this. As this is an hourly job, it means I shall be paid for each hour I have worked. Technically, I shouldn't have refunded the amount of the first week even, though I did which amounts to more than 50% I have worked. He again is asking me for a refund of the rest of the amount. I am ready to send the file till I have worked. He has not asked me for the file though. But, if he doesn't want the file, does it mean my 2 weeks' work will be a waste? So, when I visit the page of the second refund request, I don't find any option of declining it. Please help me.

CONTRACT ID: 27236155

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Send the file. The client has, at this point, NOT disputed, he's just "asked for a refund".

Did you track your time correctly with the Upwork tracker, with meaningful work memos and good ativity levels? The client can dispute last week, but not the week before. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members