🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to edit profile because of google SSO ...
Page options
7a3e1c57
Community Member

Unable to edit profile because of google SSO integration

Hi, 

I am unable to edit my profile, because I have signed up for upwork using Google SSO. Now, when I try to edit my account, it prompts me for a password which I don't have. When I enter my email on forgot password page, it says invalid account. 

What should I do to get out of this situation?

Regards,

Ahmad Hassan.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi  Goran,

I was able to solve the issue by getting hold of my userId. Once I had that, it just needed a password reset to get my acccount fully functional again. Thanks for your prompt response to my query aswell.

Regards,

Ahmad Hassan.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ahmad,

Please fill out the form on the bottom of the page in this Help Article and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Did you inted to send any link to the help article with your reply? I can't find any form on this page. Can you please send me the form's link? 

Hi  Goran,

I was able to solve the issue by getting hold of my userId. Once I had that, it just needed a password reset to get my acccount fully functional again. Thanks for your prompt response to my query aswell.

Regards,

Ahmad Hassan.

This doesn't make any sense. How does "getting hold of yoru userId" solve this issue? 

I'm having this issue now and it is very annoying.

A total waste of time trying to figure this out.

Every menu item that I click on in my profile that might be helpful is password protected and I don't have a password because I authenticate with Google OAuth2.0 SSO!!!

And UpWork doesn't have phone support for freelancers/agencies, apparently. 

This is wasting my time and holding my payouts hostage. BIG thumbs down, UpWork. 👎 x10

Hi Ahmad,

Yes that is correct. I wanted to link this Help Article in my previous post but Im not sure why the link is missing. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members