🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to find a Bank Code
Page options
wpajaree
Community Member

Unable to find a Bank Code

Hi, 

I would like to complete my Payment Method, however, I cannot find my Bank Code. The Only code I could find is the SWIFT Code. My Bank is The Siam Commercial Bank, PLC, located in Thailand. Please help me regarding this.

Thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pajaree,

Please try using this Code number 014. If you experience any problems with it let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pajaree,

Please try using this Code number 014. If you experience any problems with it let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much. It works.

Same question but my bank is Bank of Ayudhya, Thailand.

Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

Please try 025 for your bank code, and let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pkaufman
Community Member

Thanks, that seems to have worked. Now how do I make that my preferred method which is now Paypal? I did not want to just click 'remove' on Paypal under the "Preferred" without checking with you first.

Hi Peter,

Please refer to the instructions shared in this Thread on how you can change your preferred payment method. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It looks like the new method did not go through the first time therefore it was not there in choices. All is well now. Thanks

I also couldn't find the bank code for my bank on Upwork. The bank is JAIZ bank from Nigeria. Please how do I go about this 

Hi Adedoyin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Someone was asked to message you privately, please what was the code you were asked to use?

Hi! i have the same problem. I need a 3 digits number. I'm in chile and my bank is banco estado. Is there any way i can find this number? 

Hi,

I have the same issue, 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

But I can't find anywhere the bank code, (with digit) can you help?

Regards

Trinita

Hi Trinita,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the bank codes? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct bank code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, could you please try again to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the "Bank not found" section of your bank information tab?

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, 

I have looked into the help article, none of the list is Indonesian bank

the bank using swift code not bank code,

see this link for this bank : this link

and the upwork system forced to used digital format for bank code,

the swift bank code and the branch code  is alphanumeric, so I never be able to enter the bank code and the branch code. which is : BBBA

Regards

Trinita dewanti

Hi Trinita Ratna,

It looks like your bank also has the SWIFT Code shared on the page you've shared the link to. Have you tried using it to add your payment method? 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have successfully entered the right swift code, but the system forced me to enter bank code in digital format,
which is incorrect for swift code, the form should allow alphanumeric.
I have mentioned this in the above message.

Regards

Trinita dewanti

Hi Trinita,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
nerioaguirre
Community Member

Hi, everyone 

I have the same problem, but I'm in Chile. I need a 3 digits Bank Code to set up my withdraw. My bank, Banco de Chile, said that they just have a SWIFT code, there is no other code that they can provide me.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks. 

Hi Nerio,

Please try using the 001 as the code you're looking for. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks! it works

My bank is Skye Bank/Polaris Bank from Nigeria

Hi Felix,

Upwork offers a number of choices for withdrawing your funds.  You can check the available payment option for you here. Please also check this article from Upwork Help for more information: Manage How You Get Paid.

It looks like you haven't updated your Form W-8BEN yet. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Please follow these steps to complete the form:

• Go Settings  Tax Information
  • Provide us with your legal name and address

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Please help, I am also unable to figure out what my bank code is. I have my bank's branch code for Guaranty Trust Bank of Nigeria. Please is this the same as bank code?
Thank you

Hi Opeoluwa Grace,

Could you please try using this code:058 and let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I am trying to add my bank information and I cannot find the "Bank Code", my bank is: BANCO DEL ESTADO DE CHILE (SWIFT CODE: BECHCLRM)

Hi Martin,

Please try using this code: 012 and let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

I would like to complete my Payment Method as well, however, I cannot find my Bank Code. The Only code I could find is the SWIFT Code. My Bank is CIBC FirstCaribbean International, located in Jamaica. Please help me regarding this.

Thanks 

Hi Richard,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist with your Bank Code. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Everyone,

After being challenged by this issue myself and now seeing that a fellow Jamaican has this issue, I have found a Jamaican specific resource that seemed to be accesible once in Upwork's Help section within the Bank Code list. However, that link leads to a resource that is no longer available from our local Jamaican National Commercial Bank website. Thankfully, I have located a PDF that I believe is valid and can replace this outdated link and provide the correct 3-digit Bank Codes that we Jamaicans may have an issue finding in the future. (I'm sorry that this doesn't help other countries and understand that it can be quite frightening and frustrating, but again, this resource is Jamaica specific). 

Hi Bojan,

I don't think this is the right answer to the core issue, you answer me differently than the other same questions above.

If you can't answer the question, just escalate to your second line help. but don't just confuse anyone here.

The problem with this issue is, when a bank uses a swift code, the bank code is shouldn't be required, in the payment form, currently the bank code and the branch code are required, even though , it is not necessary, so someone has to filed up any number.

So when you and your team are just answer everyone here with any number, you didn't fix the core issue which is your form payment there should be fixed, to remove the requirement on bank code and branch code for swift code bank account.

Regards

Trinita

adriana_lel
Community Member

Hi! i'm in chile and i need a 3 digit number for my bank code. My bank is banco estado. But i'm unable to find it. 

Hi Adriana,

Please try using this code: 012 and let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

yes! it worked!
uddyduff
Community Member

HI. I DONT KNOW MY 3 DIGIT BANK CODE. BANK NAME IS ZENITH BANK NIGERIA. THANKS

Hi Uduak,

You can find the 3-digit Bank Codes for Nigeria in this help article. Please contact your bank to confirm the bank codes, as they may change without our knowledge.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, Please I need the Bank code for JAIZ Bank in Nigeria, thanks

Hi Ajibade,

Please check this help article for the bank code for Nigeria. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths