🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to get paid
Page options
umi007
Community Member

Unable to get paid

I have secured my first hourly project and the client is saying that he has paid it by showing proof of invoice and transection history, however, it is showing as in review on my side. Please guide me as I am new here and would like to know exactly how much time is required to get paid once I complete a task. (approval>transfer to my account>transfer to my local bank)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umair, 

Your earnings on Upwork are processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. Payments released for fixed-price contracts go through a 5-day security period and will be available to you once the security period is over. 

For hourly contracts, all the hours logged are automatically invoiced to your client, and funds become available following the Weekly Billing Cycle. Kindly check the schedule below:

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

You may read through each tab to know when you should expect the payment to be available on your account. If you check your Reports page (Reports > Overview), you will see where in the billing cycle the payment is. If the payment is in the Pending tab, it's already in the security period.

You might want to review the information shared in this help article for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umair, 

Your earnings on Upwork are processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. Payments released for fixed-price contracts go through a 5-day security period and will be available to you once the security period is over. 

For hourly contracts, all the hours logged are automatically invoiced to your client, and funds become available following the Weekly Billing Cycle. Kindly check the schedule below:

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

You may read through each tab to know when you should expect the payment to be available on your account. If you check your Reports page (Reports > Overview), you will see where in the billing cycle the payment is. If the payment is in the Pending tab, it's already in the security period.

You might want to review the information shared in this help article for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork
umi007
Community Member

Hi Avery

Thank you very much for your kind support. Just wanted to know in case the client has no issue and he has paid against the invoice, it would still wait in review till Friday? 

Hi umair,

Yes, that is correct. It should then be available for withdrawal by Wednesday the following week.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths