🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to get the Free 80 Monthly connects fo...
Page options
agile_khan
Community Member

Unable to get the Free 80 Monthly connects for the month of Jan 2021 (An Upwork Plus Freelancer)

Hi,

I am an Upwork plus freelancer and my account is active but every time if would select any category, then it redirects back to this link > https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?code=927a481b6e32872fa06123c1a9023263

I am still waiting for the free connects for my the month of Jan. I have tried to connect with the Upwork help and support centre but it did not respond at the moment.

Note: My Connects have renewed on Jan 09, 2021

Kindly do the needful, thanks

Best,

Abdullah **Edited for Community Guidelines**

11 REPLIES 11
NikolaS

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? If you are still experiencing the same issue please let us know so that we can assist you further. 

Regarding your free Connects, I checked and it looks like you already received monthly free Connects. You can find more information by going to Connects history page on your profile. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear Nikola,

I have double checked my account and monthly connection section and it clearly suggests that upwork has charged 14.99 + tax for my monthly subscription renewal instead of giving me monthly free bonus connects.

Noted: I didn't set any billing account yet so why upwork has utilized my account balance for monthly renewal? 

If you did not deduct $14.99 + tax amount for connection renewal from my account then kindly return back my deducted amount today.

Screenshots attached for your reference.

Best, Abdullah Khan

Hi Abdullah,

If you have a sufficient balance available from Upwork earnings, we will use that to pay for your membership. If your balance isn't sufficient, we'll charge your chosen billing method. You can check out this help article for more information on membership billing.

Please note that if you have the Freelancer Plus membership, you won't be getting 10 monthly free Connects, but the 80 Connects as part of the Plus membership. Also, as it's a monthly subscription, you will be charged every month unless you downgrade.

To downgrade from Freelancer Plus to Freelancer Basic:

1. Go to Settings  Memberships & Connects
  2. Click the View or Edit Membership Plan
  3. Click the Switch to Basic button on the Basic plan

If you want to refund your membership, please let us know so that we can escalate your concern to the team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Spoiler
Dear Aleksandar,
Yeah, I got your point.

So please downgrade my membership today and refund my membership fee and then share a monthly 10 free connects bonus.

Actually, I am busy in the full-time job over there so, for now, I don't need to upgrade my membership, so I will upgrade my membership when it will require.

Please do start the process and refund my membership fee in my account as soon as possible.

Thanks for your response.

Best,
Abdullah Khan

Hi Abdullah,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the membership refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
6fdf463d
Community Member

I have purchased a membership plan, but I didn't get a monthly connects. Do I need to renew again?

How do I get my monthly connects?

Hi Sunil,

I checked your account and it looks like you currently have a Freelancer Basic membership. If you'd like to upgrade to Plus check out this help article. Please refer to your Reports > Connects History to check you received the 10 free Connects included with the Basic membership.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
chintanprajapati
Community Member

Hi Upwork community,

I have upgrade my profile to Freelancer Plus last month on 15th July 2022. Somehow I am also not getting the monthly renewal of the connects. Can anyone help me out here and share if something is missing in my procedure?

Thanks!!

Hi chintan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you have not yet paid for the Plus membership this month so the Connects aren't yet deposited into your account. Please let us know if you need further assistance, we'll be here to help!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thanks for getting back to me,

Isn't it an automated process where UpWork collected its fees every month?? And if not can you please guide me on how can I pay for the new month from my existing balance?

Hi Chintan,

Yes, the renewal is automatic! I checked and it looks like you already have your monthly Connects. Please check your Connects History to confirm this.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members