🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to leave feedback for client
Page options
logline
Community Member

Unable to leave feedback for client

For the past couple of weeks I have been unable to leave feedback for my clients. All jobs have been fixed rate jobs, completed to each clients' satisfaction, one even left me a bonus. However, I cannot leave feedback for them as I used to be able to do, and therefore I am receiving no feedback that I can see either. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Margaret M wrote:

For the past couple of weeks I have been unable to leave feedback for my clients. All jobs have been fixed rate jobs, completed to each clients' satisfaction, one even left me a bonus. However, I cannot leave feedback for them as I used to be able to do, and therefore I am receiving no feedback that I can see either. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

Are the contracts actually closed/ended? You can only leave freedback after the client closed the contract or while closing the contract yourself. That's the first thing you want to check: If the contracts were closed/ended.

What do you see when you go to the "Feedback" tab on the (closed/ended!!) contract? Isn't there a "Give feedback" link on contracts that were ended less than 14 days ago?

feedback.png

logline
Community Member

Now I see that although each job was completed, each is "awaiting milestones" which seems odd.

Beside Feedback is "This contract is not yet eligible for feedback. You can request feedback on active contracts with payments beginning 30 days after the contract started. The feedback will appear on your profile, and does not impact your job success score."

Maybe I should follow that up with my clients. Each was new to Upwork and perhaps they didn't end the job properly. Thanks so much for your help Petra.

petra_r
Community Member

Margaret M wrote:

Now I see that although each job was completed, each is "awaiting milestones" which seems odd.

That means the contracts are still open. Just contact the clients and ask nicely if they would mind closing he contract if they have nothing else for you at this time. I personally follow up once (some people say they follow up twice) before closing a contract myself. Or I leave them open as well at times.

logline
Community Member

Thanks again. Is it possible for the freelancer to close the contract, or is it only the client who may do that?

petra_r
Community Member

Margaret M wrote:

Thanks again. Is it possible for the freelancer to close the contract, or is it only the client who may do that?

Of course you can close the contract, but that way you may never get feedback.

You can close the contract by clicking on the 3 dots on the right while you're in the contrac, and choose "End contract"

logline
Community Member

Thank you. You are such a wealth of information. Thank you so much for your time and for sharing your knowledge. Best wishes, Margaret

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members