🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to let client change feedback
Page options
jbancroft
Community Member

Unable to let client change feedback

Hi, I have feedback from a past client(ended contract) that I have reached out to and they would like to re-submit their review for me. I have followed the steps included here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068458-Enable-Clients-to-Change-Feedback which include:

1. Go to My Jobs  All Contracts
  2. Check the Include closed contracts box and
  3. Click the title of the contract to get to the details page
  4. Go to Terms & Settings and click the Enable client to change feedback link

For me, there is no "Enable client to change feedback" option for any of my past clients. I've used it before many months ago but that is no longer an option for any of them, has this feature been removed? I've included a screenshot of the Terms & Settings screen for one of my past clients'(not the one the client is wanting to adjust) to show that the button is no longer there. No idea what to do without help from support.

This greatly affects my profile and since they are wanting to change it, would very much like to be able to get past this issue as it is preventing me from wanting to send out new proposals until it is adjusted. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it seems impossible to get direct help from Upwork support on this! Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Joshua,

I checked your account, and it looks like you already enabled this before for this client. The option to enable clients to change feedback is available so long as you haven't used it yet.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, thanks for the reply.

The contract id for the client I'm trying to allow right now is 21792920 and there is no option to enable them to, nor can the client make a change to their feedback either so it appears there is nothing that can be done from either my end or his. Is there any way to allow them to change their feedback for that contract? It may be possible that I had checked that at some point, but if so, why can't they change their feedback? Note that this is resulting in me not using the platform until they can.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi Joshua,

The feature you`re referring to can only be used once. Once you`ve enabled your client to update their feedback, they will have 14 days to make changes. Once 14 days have finished, the client will not be able to edit the feedback anymore. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the resopnse.

When initially enabling that feature for that client, I don't remember that being mentioned explicitly as part of the enabling workflow and so did not have urgency for that. Is there any way at this point to allow the client, who wants to edit the feedback, to go ahead and edit his feedback? If he wants to change his feedback, I don't see why that is not allowed, especially when feedback on this platform results in a great impact on the profile. I am unable to continue working on this platform until he can.

Thanks,
Josh

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths