Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load messages - please help!

___lisa___
Elizaveta C Member Since: Aug 16, 2016
1 of 43

Hello,

I have a problem, can anyone please help? My messages won't load, no matter what I do. I just got my first job, and I can't contact my client! Everything else seems to work fine, it's just the messages. I don't want to mess up my first job because of this. I've already tried the obvious, such as:

1 - clearing my cache

2 - rebooting

3 - disabling fireworks/antivirus/extensions

4 - allowing cookies, etc

5 - using different browsers (I tried Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Yandex browser)

6 - using various internet connection settings

7 - following the suggestions posted on similar topics here on this forum,

none of which worked for me. I'm still getting "due to settings on this browser/computer, we are unable to load messages". It seems to be a websocket problem, which I don't know how to fix. I attach the screenshot of what my console shows. Please help!

Thank you,

Elizaveta

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 43

Hi Elizaveta,

Have you check out this help article that addresses your issue here? If those suggestions don't work open a ticket with customer support so they can triage the issue.

-Lena

Untitled
___lisa___
3 of 43

Lena, thank you for your reply. Yes, I did see that article, it didn't help much. I have contacted customer support, now I guess I'll just wait.

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
4 of 43

Have you tried sending your message with the Team app?

___lisa___
5 of 43

Olga, 

yes, I tried and I'm getting the same error.

I also tried to access the messages through my phone (using the same network), and it works fine, but both my laptops (one is on Windows 10, the other is an old Windows XP) can't load any messages.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 43

Hi Elizaveta,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I'm not able to replicate it and see that you were able to send messages to the client earlier today.

~ Valeria
Upwork
___lisa___
7 of 43

Valeria, 

yes, I'm still having this issue. My earlier messages to the client today were sent from my phone - where the messages seem to work fine, but that simply won't do, since I'm an artist and have to upload large files to my client. I attach a screenshot of what I'm seeing in my message center, as of a few minutes ago.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 43

Elizaveta,

Could you please check if your anti-virus software is blocking or restricting access to upwork.com? In that case you should be able to reconfigure it and allow access in settings of your anti-virus or firewall software.

~ Valeria
Upwork
oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
9 of 43

@Elizaveta C wrote:

Olga, 

yes, I tried and I'm getting the same error.

I also tried to access the messages through my phone (using the same network), and it works fine, but both my laptops (one is on Windows 10, the other is an old Windows XP) can't load any messages.

Hummm... You can always use the message notification from your email account, Elizaveta.

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 12.59.42.png

dylanburns88
Dylan B Member Since: Aug 18, 2016
10 of 43

I cannot access my messages on my laptop or my tablet. each one runs different antivirus software so I don't think that could be it. I have a large job that i am in the middle of and need to update my client ASAP. please help resolve this

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS