Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load messages - please help!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 43

Hi Dylan,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies and make sure anti-virus software on your devices doesn't block Upwork? If it still doesn't help, could you please submit a ticket with more details and screenshots of what you see when you try to load your messages?

~ Valeria
Upwork
___lisa___
Elizaveta C Member Since: Aug 16, 2016
12 of 43

Everyone, thank you so much for your support. I believe I have solved the problem. It was in my proxy settings. In case anyone else finds this useful - I have disabled the SOCKS proxy, and it worked for me, the messages started loading normally. Thanks again!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
13 of 43

I am glad the issue is resolved for you. Thanks for letting us know!

~ Valeria
Upwork
bachtiar01
M. Ainul K Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
14 of 43

Elizaveta C, Please can you help me to give me direction How to disable the SOCKS , because i'm having the same issue like you've encountred . Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
15 of 43

Hi M. Ainul,

Are you having issues loading Messages in a different browser or after clearing cache and cookies?

~ Valeria
Upwork
junejane
Evgeniia K Member Since: Mar 29, 2017
16 of 43

Hi!

I have some problem: unable to load messages. I received a notification on the mail - unread messages about the job, but can't answer.  Please take a look at the screenshot. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
17 of 43

Hi Evgeniia,

Does the error appear if you try loading your Messages in a different browser or Upwork Desktop App?

~ Valeria
Upwork
junejane
Evgeniia K Member Since: Mar 29, 2017
18 of 43

Hello, Valeria!

Yes, it does. I tried to use Chrome and Opera browsers and Desktop App -  the error is everywhere. But in android app it's ok.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
19 of 43

Evgenia,

Could you please refer to this help article and check your WebSocket connectivity? Make sure it's not blocked by an antivirus software or any other programs.

~ Valeria
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
20 of 43

You can also reply directly to the email notification itself, which is usually easy as you're already in your emails!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS