Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load messages - please help!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
31 of 43

Hi Ana,

Did you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to view your messages? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
growmyretail
Ace Contributor
Pieter B Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
32 of 43

Can you please stop saying the same message to clear cookies and cache?

As well that Upwork should reply properly to the problem I sent as well in a ticket, and lies two times to me about that the message issue has been solved - when its not.
I keep sharing the same problem and screenshots from my desktop interface AND iPhone 11 Pro Max that messaging isnt working.

Yet Upwork responds: It has been resolved now. 
Ok, tackling back with another screenshot of my iPhone, I get the same response. And they point me alternatively to my browser.

And present a solution that didnt work for a desktop version - when they are commenting on my screenshot which is a PHONE,

Seeing that you respond with the same solution that does not work for many, can you at least acknowledge that the tech side has an issue, because after almost two days, it starts to really piss me off with the responses given by email and the same response like a copy paste on this forum.

I rather see Upwork confirm there is an issue as it does not work on half of the browsers for many, and on smartphones either.
If they would admit it, at least then they should project a deadline to fix it. Not throwing back responses without acknowledging anything.

And I still lost a 2000 dollar contract because of this stupidity.

growmyretail
Ace Contributor
33 of 43

And in case theyre still doubting or thinking i am just pulling accusations or complain to complain -

here you have it.

I have an iphone 11 pro max, Huawei Pro 30

and my macbook opened 

all 3 not loading.

If that looks freakin solved to you, or according to e-mail support then I am the Queen of England.

g_vasilevski
34 of 43

Hi Pieter,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you and I understand your frustration with this. 
I would also like to confirm that we had a known problem with the messages 2 days ago. I understand that my troubleshooting steps look like copy-paste answers, but they are also helping a lot of users to resolve their problem.

I just checked your ticket with number 28396990 and can see that our team has shared additional instructions with you. Could you please follow the steps shared with you there and follow up on your ticket? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
growmyretail
Ace Contributor
35 of 43

Which I already pointed out that their response was not with the screenshot I provided.
Which makes it more offensive as they simply are not looking into the message given with care or simply mismanage their support.

I posted all info here again. And it is more time consuming to explain again and again and again until someone realises that they're not responding accordingly with the screenshot given.

As that I clearly stated in the ticket.
its like I am explaining the earth is round and you come back to me with a response about planet Venus.

g_vasilevski
36 of 43

Hi Pieter,

I will reach out to you via PM here so that I can confirm with you that we are referring to the same instructions and screenshots. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4af55289
Radoslav Z Member Since: Jun 4, 2021
37 of 43
Since today, I am also having problems with messages. I am using the upwork client app on my iPhone.

The error message says: „Failed to load messages due to timeout“. I did make a screenshot but it can’t upload because this board does not allow the file extension „.jpeg“. And renaming file extensions on an iPhone turned out to be a big problem of its own.

Do I have to remove old messages or old attachments for messages to start loading again?

Thanks in advance for your help.
g_vasilevski
38 of 43

Hi Radoslav,

Just to confirm, did you try to reinstall our mobile app? If yes, did you experienced the same problem again? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4af55289
39 of 43
The issue disappeared within 1 day without me having to do anything.

I will post again, if this occurs again. Thank you for the quick response.
4af55289
40 of 43
The problem reappeared. I uninstalled the app with all its data and installed it again. This did not help.

I assumed the reason was having too many attached files in the history of the particular message queue I was trying to open. I tried opening other queues with not many messages and no files attached on there. Those message queues did not open either.

Now I don’t have a clue. I guess it depends on the time of day, when I try to read my messages if they would open or timeout. Maybe it’s your server loads? No idea. Can you halo me somehow?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS