Unable to load messages

growmyretail
Ace Contributor
Pieter B Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
21 of 98

Not Loading on Android APP
Not Loading on iOS iPhone Pro Max 11

Not Loading Mabook Pro Catalina
And browsers Brave, Chrome and Edge (although that last one was on Paralell Desktop Windows on Mac)

andreag22
Community Leader
Andrea G Member Since: Mar 2, 2020
22 of 98

Did not think to try the desktop app, it does work for me, thanks!

growmyretail
Ace Contributor
23 of 98

Most clients or prospects do not have the Desktop app, so that is already a step too far for them. 
Absolutely ridiculous. I have seen my client going on and off on Upwork. But if the platform fails, they are discouraged by even considering hiring here. Let alone that most employers post the same job on different channels.

growmyretail
Ace Contributor
24 of 98

Ridiculous that their own infrastructure is failing on APP and Desktop version, when they are already double edging from Client & Freelancer. 
Pisses me off in important moments when you're in the middle of an interview and for all you know he will just hop to another platform to get straight answers or hunting for someone else.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
25 of 98

Hi everyone, 

I have merged your thread to this master thread, and would like to confirm that we had an issue earlier that has since been resolved. Please try clearing your cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, please don't hesitate to reach out and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cekling3d
Rudi S Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
26 of 98

I'm able to getting message room work by clearing cookies on my chrome, and don't have problem with the desktop apps, but still unable to open message room on my android apps, I was afraid my client have the same problem too, since he is not answering my message.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
27 of 98

Hi Rudi,

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this Help Article. Rest assured, when you send a message an email notification is also sent to your client. 
I would also like to confirm that the problem we had is now resolved. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cekling3d
Rudi S Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
28 of 98

Hi, now I can open the message room from my android apps by clearing cache the upwork apps, but the  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219064608-Troubleshoot-Mobile-App dont mention about it in there. I think you should put it in there. Thanks.

viveknair1
Vivek N Member Since: Apr 21, 2020
29 of 98

Also experiencing an issue with messaging - please Upwork team resolve this ASAP!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
30 of 98

We apologize for the interruption, Cherry Joy Diane. Our technical team is already aware of the issue with loading Messages and is working to have it fixed as soon as possible. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS