cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load messages

joannebausman
Joanne B Member Since: Mar 25, 2020
61 of 98

I am unable to get my messages.  When I click on messages nothing happens.  The timer just spins. I can access messages on my phone but not on my computer.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
62 of 98

Hi Joanne,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
joannebausman
63 of 98
Thank you so much. Clearing the cache completely fixed the problem
cyril_01
Nwachukwu C Member Since: Sep 28, 2019
64 of 98
I can't gain access to my message rooms even when all other functions are working perfectly.
Please, what do I do about it?
g_vasilevski
65 of 98

Hi ,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post here:

• Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. 

~ Goran
Upwork
zingcopy
James H Member Since: Apr 23, 2020
66 of 98

Hi. My messages on Upwork haven't been loading for a couple of days now. Hope you can help me quickly on this as I have unread messages from clients (including a prospective one asking about work), and also a current client that I need to message today too.

So far I've logged in and out, checked the websockets (test came out as working fine), cleared cookies / cache, checked my adblock, and still I just see a spinning circle on the messages page. I ran through the troubleshooting section and opened the console page and took a screenshot too (below). Any idea what I should do now?

Using MacOS 10.14.3 and the latest version of Chrome.

Thanks, James

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 11.48.43.png

zingcopy
James H Member Since: Apr 23, 2020
67 of 98

Update: Tried in Safari and I could load my messages from there. That's ok as a temporary fix - so that I can at least reply to clients - but Chrome is still not loading messages.

g_vasilevski
68 of 98

Thank you for the detailed report, James,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your messages. 

~ Goran
Upwork
joannebausman
69 of 98

I cannot access my messages on my computer.  I can access messages on my phone but they will not come up on my computer screen.  Is there anywhere on this site to speak to an actual human, preferably a techie one?  If anyone has any ideas I would be eternally grateful.

2607db6a
Julie M Member Since: Apr 23, 2020
70 of 98

All other pages work fine, but I can't access my messages for the last 36 hours and have no way to communicate with my contractors. Deadlines are fast approaching. Please help.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS