cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load messages

pronwan
Carsten P Member Since: Jan 23, 2019
81 of 98

In case someone still has this issue - as I did - what helped me was to install beta version of Upwork (this version won't even load because it says "no internet connection" - when I click "check connection", everything shows up okay though).

Then I didn't deinstall this version, but installed the regular version right away. Then everything worked all of a sudden.

johan-d
Johan D Member Since: Mar 12, 2020
82 of 98

Messages are not loading for me on the web version, worked fine up until today.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
83 of 98

Hi Johan,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps I shared previously:

• Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. 
~ Goran
Upwork
darrenwall74
Community Leader
Darren w Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
84 of 98

After deleting all cookies on Google Chrome, I still can't get messages to load.

However, when trying using the Opera browser, it works.

g_vasilevski
85 of 98

Hi Darren,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kerswell-ryan
Ryan K Member Since: Apr 22, 2020
86 of 98

Hi, having issues with the messages section within my account. When I try and load the messages side of my account so I can reply to client emails it just loads then says it errors. I have restarted PC, cleared cache, reset the browser and nothing.

The dev tools show that it has a problem accessing a certain file

"An error occurred while fetching auth data. Error: "Sorry, but there was an issue communicating with the server. angular.min.js?v=dash-1a4873d:1"

I can use the app to access the messages but its easier to use the laptop but not able to access. I have run through the socket testing and they come back fine just this area on both my laptop and desktop I am unable to access.

g_vasilevski
87 of 98

Hi Ryan,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to view your messages? If you`re still receiving the same error/problem on your end, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kerswell-ryan
Ryan K Member Since: Apr 22, 2020
88 of 98

Hi Goran,

Thanks but I have already done all of that, on both my machines and stil not able to access messages through the berowser. Let me know if you want me to share my dev tools errors incase that helps?

g_vasilevski
89 of 98

Thank you for the confirmation, Ryan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can also share any additional information/errors directly on your ticket as they would help our engineer team. 

~ Goran
Upwork
growmyretail
Ace Contributor
Pieter B Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
90 of 98

I have been shouting this since yesterday and mods ignored my thread and responses to point it out again.

then today, I got an email from UPWORK that says, it works again.
Wrong, I sent them a picture and a screenhot of my desktop and iPhone where messages are NOT loading at all.

Can someone at least just acknowledge there is an internal structural problem, rather than opening 3 million tickets for everyone ? as well I would appreciate not coming with the same answers as clearing cache and all other fixes did not work. 

PS - I lost a 2000 dollar contract because of this. Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS