cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load messages

Angelica Gaia M Member Since: Apr 9, 2018
1 of 4

I have been having a hard time loading messages.

I doubt it's my internet connection because I've been loading other parts of Upwork just fine, I can load other websites okay too, I can even watch and stream videos/download photos.

Only the messages won't load. It says

Unable to load messages

We’re running a quick test to see why. 
Reload the page to try again.

Any idea why?

John M Member Since: Oct 25, 2017
2 of 4
Hi Angelica,

I might be wrong about what's happening on your end, but I also had the same problem at some point, and it still happens from time to time.

Personally, I mostly use a pocket WiFi. When I have any problems loading messages, turning my WiFi off then back on seems to work - weird.

I suggest you try and see if it helps.
Angelica Gaia M Member Since: Apr 9, 2018
3 of 4

I already did, a couple of time but it doesn't seem to work. I've lost count how many times I've turned on and off my wifi router/modem.

I am just really comnfused why other sites works PERFECTLY okay at a very much okay speed as well.

But with messages, it's always "CONNECTION LOST. RECONNECTING NOW" and when I refreshed, it goes to the unable to load page.

I am so stressed.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 4

Hi Angelica Gaia,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble loading your Upwork messaging. Can you please clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser? If you are still experiencing the same issue, please let us know so that we can check this further for you.

Joanne
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS