🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to log Manual Time
Page options
aranasroan24
Community Member

Unable to log Manual Time

Hi Team,

I have 2 clients that allow manual time logging. But, today, I tried to manual time to both of them but it is not working. No error message appearing as well. 

When I click the "Add Manual Time" button, nothing happens, it just refreshes. This is for two of my clients. Kindly confirm if there are system issues?

Thank you very much in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

Our engineers released a fix and you should now be able to add manual time both from the Contract room and from My Jobs> Work Diary. If you still don't see the pop up when clicking Add Manual Time button, please clear your browser cache. 

Thank you for your patience while we were getting this resolved!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

127 REPLIES 127
AndreaG

Hi Roan,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

Zoe:

Keep in mind that there are two different tools you can use to log manual time:

The Desktop time-tracker app allows you to do this, as does the web interface.

Try both of these. Try different web browsers.

Also, keep in mind that it is possible for a freelancer to be hired with a start date that hasn't happened yet. So if you were hired with an hourly contract, and the contract is active NOW, but the official start date isn't until Wednesday, then you won't be able to log manual time yet.

I've done all of that. There's a bug in the system or a glitch. I track manual time every week 🙂 

SAME - i have three clients i do manual time with, and all fine, suddenly an hour ago cant do any of them and it just refreshes when i try

Neither apo or online website letting me add the regular manual time i usually add 

Try to understand from what people say here: there is a bug in the system.

Hi.  So.. there has to be something up with this.  I know there was another thread today that was resolved by disabling adblockers or popups.  That did not work for me.  I see this on multiple Windows machines and browsers.  

Manual time is enabled by the client.  The mobile app will allow manual time to be added.  Everything worked on Friday.

When clicking to add time, the screen gets frosty, like there is going to be a model popup.. then it goes away. There's a 401 error in the browser console.   I'm surprised there aren't more threads on this. 

Thanks -Steve

Hi Steve,

We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
46c6509c
Community Member

Hey @Andrea G, I'm having the exact same issue, I'm seeing the 401 error in the console

Hi Wuelber,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, I would like to be added on this support ticket as well.

Hi Zachary,

Could you please confirm if you've tried the workaround shared here

If you're still unable to add your manual time from the Contract Room, please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi There - same issues for me, unable to log in any manual time - send me a support ticket please :)) 

Hi David,

Could you please try the steps that Valeria shared here? Please let us know if the said steps don't work for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jvonguru
Community Member

Hi,

I am having same trouble from yesterday. Unable to update my time. Please advise what to do. 

Thank you,

jyotshna

Hi Jyotshna,

Could you please follow the steps that Valeria shared here? Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue.

Hello Andrea, I'm having the same issue. I've always tracked my work manually and for some reason it's not working today. I also tried to clear cache and browser history, tried another web browser and it did not work. 

Hope you can help me too.

Thank you!

Hi Cherry Anne,

Could you please try the steps Valeria shared in this post? Let me know if you still need help with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I was aleady was able to log my hours manual earlier
Thanks

I haven't been able to record manual time since last night. The chat feature just sends me here to ask my questions. Is anybody else having trouble with that feature? Thanks.

As of yesterday, I can't manually insert hours in my Work diary, why is that

I'm having the same issue

Hi Andrea,

Same issue here - I have not been able to log manual time yesterday or today.  Please advise!

Tonya Dreher

f3548c47
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same issues. Can you also help me out please? Thank you!

I am still waiting for the support i asked for an hour ago in the chat  

For all my contracts I log in the time manually by arrangement with my clients which works for all of us. Suddenly today your system made me enter a captcha to make sure I am human - I am, and it worked, allowing me to continue entering my time., t hen I was logged out and logged back in and when I went to work diary to report on all three projects I have been working on this afternoon

I need you to correct asap whatever is stopping me suddenly from entering my manual time on ALL my contracts - none of my clients have any issue with it, this is the only way i can work for them, please fix asap so i can keep serving my clients on upwrk. if i cant enter my hours i wont work the hours and they need me to do this time sensitive work asap

c6fff1a1
Community Member

Hi Andrea - I am also experiencing this issue. Can you also file a ticket for me so you can assist and resolve the issue of my manual time? Thank you!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I’ve tried on my laptop and phone but am not able to log manual time. I disable pop up blockers but it still didn’t work. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.
Advice would be very appreciated

Did you try using the Upwork desktop application?

YES it didnt work etiher

Hi Nadja and Zoe,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
l_stork
Community Member

For some reason when I try to enter manual time on my contracts today (Tried chrome and edge) the screen blinks a couple times and then goes back to the work diary.  Is there something going on with page?  

I'm having the same problem.   Monday June 7 - 11:47am

Hi Lynnette and Michael,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Manual Time addition is not working in my account - I need to get started on work but need to know I'm going to be able to record hours. Upwork, please fix asap!!

All,

Our engineers are actively working on fixing the issue with adding Manual time from My Jobs> Work Diary Page. Meanwhile, please use the workaround of adding Manual time from a specific Contract Room as described here.

We appreciate your patience, while this is getting fixed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello:

I want to add some manual time for the work I did for a client. The button is enabled. However, when I click it nothing happens. I was able to add manual time before.

Thanks,

The manual time log is still unoperative as of Monday, 2:56pm.  Please confirm that it is indeed an upwork network error. 

zoeadel
Community Member

Hi, has anyone had any problems adding manual time today?

I always add my meetings as manual time and I do it every week without issue.

Today, I cannot seem to add manual time at all. If I go to my work diary and click 'manual time' the pop-up doesn't show. I've tried on a second browser too.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members