🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to pass Identity Verification. What ha...
Page options
bishr-g
Community Member

Unable to pass Identity Verification. What happens to my existing contract?

Hi, I recently got my Upwork account approved, and I got my first contract. However, now I am being asked for Identity Verification a second time (I already uploaded my passport once). The problem is that I am 17 years old (under 18). I have 5 days left to verify.

1. What will happen to my existing contract if I don't verify?

2. Will I be able to withdraw funds before verification?

3. Will leaving the contract without marking the work as complete (since the client can't pay me) result in my job success score getting negatively impacted? I don't to accept the payment and have the money stuck in limbo 180 days and then get returned to the client. Since Upwork can't accomodate me, I want the client to pay me through other means for the work that I have already done.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bishr,

Unfortunately, you can’t use the site at the moment. Upwork requires users to be 18 years or older to utilize the site.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further advise you regarding your concerns.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bishr-g
Community Member

Okay, thanks for the answer. I still haven't been contacted by a team member regarding my concerns.

madison-russell
Community Member

Your account will probably be suspended permanently, so you will lose the contract. Using the site when you're under 18, and especially announcing it in the forum, is against the ToS. You also probably won't be able to withdraw your funds. It's also against the ToS to be paid outside of Upwork, and Upwork could take legal action against you for it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members