🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to purchase connects or Upgrade Me...
Page options
chaghtai_faizan
Community Member

Unable to purchase connects or Upgrade Membership plan

Hello Upwork community.
I have been unable to purchase any number of connects or upgrade the membership plan.
I am using a VISA powered debit card with International Payments allowed.

Please help me in this regards, so that I may be able to purchase the connects or upgrade membership plan.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Faizan **Edited for Community Guidelines**

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Faizan,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble upgrading your membership or purchasing connects. It seems that your card is being declined. Can you use a different card instead as your billing methodUpwork accepts Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. We do not accept gift cards. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I would like to bring to your attention that the current debit/credit card in my profile is not a "gift card", but a VISA powered Debit Card.

I do not have another credit/debit card with me. What should i do now?

Waiting for your quick response!

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Faizan

Hi!
In some cases some banks might require that the card be specifically activated for international payments.
Consider contacting your bank to find out if this is the case with your card and to find out why they keep rejecting the debit request from Upwork.

Hi Faizan,

Thanks for your question. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Riri

same issue i am facing 

Hi Rahul,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of there error. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am unable to upgrade my membership plan using my Debit Card. what to do?

Hi Meghabarna,

This is likely happening because your bank is not allowing the transaction. Some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the transaction type: ‘Recurring Transactions’. Examples of recurring transactions are subscription or membership payments. You may want to contact your card-issuing bank to confirm they allow recurring transactions on their debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’. Alternatively, you can use any other of our available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members