🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to purchase connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Sabrina,

It looks like the charge on your credit card is being declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. You can also check out this help article for more information about the Billing Methods available for purchasing connects and membership plans.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
sabrhina
Community Member

Hi,

I used the same card to buy connects. It worked that time. I don't why is it denying for membership plus.

Hi Sabrina,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kdsharma_
Community Member

I want to buy connect to the upwork but it is not being buy. I also went to billing method and added our PayPal Verified account, but it shows me the payment could not be processed. Take away my problem, I don't know anything.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi KRISHAN,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly. You'll be able to select from an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kumarnagesh
Community Member

HI,

I tried to add billing methods and also tried to purchase membership plan so many time. But again and agian i failed. I am not ablt to make payment on website. I used master card and paypal also. I really tired now i need help.

Thank you

Hi  Nagesh,

Just to confirm, did you check with your bank if your accounts are enabled for international charges? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I checked with them they told me that I can make international payments. But geeting issue still, No luck. I am attaching image this is what that i am getting after clearing my browser cache. Please find the attachment.

Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nagesh,

Our team just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
chavezlj
Community Member

I tried to bu connects but after I input my card details, the dialog box just went blank. I did it twice but still got no connects.

Hi Lea,

Please add a billing method and then try to purchase connects again. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can i buy connect using the payoneer account??

Hi Subrata, 

Only the Payoneer card can be used for purchasing connects. There are three billing methods available to freelancers, Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, or Upwork Balance. You can read more about available billing methods in this help article. You may want to talk to PayPal about what type of payment method can be added to your PayPal wallet.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0900338a
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork. I do not have Paypal account and I want to buy some connects for my account through payment card method from my bank. But it is showing  "Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page." when I am selecting payment card method. Please can any one help to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Danish

Hi Mohd,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects. You can access your ticket on this page.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
adhananjay
Community Member

I am unable to add a billing method, since the past weeks. I have tried to add my Verified and Active PayPal account and by means of debit card. I'm am not able to add neither. Kindly Help!

Hi Dhananjay,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding your billing method. You can access your ticket on this page.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

d115ae54
Community Member

Hi,

Greeting, I purchased connects today time at 3:30 pm, I have received an email from my bank and it's deducted the amount from my debit card. but I have not received new connects in my profile. Also, Please help.

Hi Abid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

unable to purchase the connects try various payment methods but at last the payment unable to process

Hi Alihussain,

If you`re receiving any errors on your end, could you please share a screenshot from your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
iyer-ramesh
Community Member

Hello,

My bank has activated International purchase or recurring transaction in my debit card.

Still I am unable to buy connects.

Please suggest.

Hi Ramesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e854218e
Community Member

My card details are shown as incorret. However, I have been charged twic by upwork after attaching my bank details.

Hi Asad,

To better understand. Do you need to have your payment details updated? If not, can you please give me more details on what seems to be the issue. I'd be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e854218e
Community Member

I want to buy Connects so I attached my Debit card. Upwork showed that my
card number is invalid however, I was charged 1 or 2 dollars by upwork. It
still shows that my card number is invalid.

Hi Asad,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
benayadi_moad
Community Member

Hello all,

I've been trying to buy connects for the past 2 days via paypal and i recieve the same message **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I've checked all the old topics about this and i verified my paypal account, everything is set correctly but it doesn't work.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Moad,

Please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly. Feel free to check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
asifali64
Community Member

Hello,
I am trying to purchase connects through my mastercard debit card but I am getting the message, "payment not processed" I contacted my bank and they said everything is fine at their end, check with upwork. Screenshot I am getting is attached. Please help on this asap. Thanks

Hi Ali,

There are other options that you can use as payment method to purchase connects. You can use a credit card or a prepaid card. You can also use Paypal if you like. To see the options available to you, click here. Let us know if you need further assistance, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Joanne - Currently I have only debit card available . I am wondering why it is not working even with sufficient funds available. Any help on this will be appreciated

Hi , I am not able to buy connects, I tried all the method, whatever previously discussed. Please help me I need response ASAP

Hi Khadija,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I too have the same problem, I am trying to buy connects but they a asking me for a promo code and I dont have a promo code, kindly help me

Hi Joseph,

Feel free to leave that field empty and proceed with purchasing connections.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,
I left the promo code option, I tried to buy connects through paypal but it is refusing, it is insisting me to buy using debit card, or can I use Mpesa to buy connects.

Hi Joseph,

This will depend on your location but all freelancers can purchase connects with a prepaid card or a credit card. To learn more about our accepted Billing methods click Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths