🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to purchase connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Okay, Thank you.

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to Upwork and I want to apply to job posts. I connected my debit card and Paypal accounts but none of them are able to purchase connects for me. Please help. 

Thanks, 

Kristine

Hi Kristine,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I am getting the same issue on my account as well.. Kindly help me.

Hi Muhammad,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I'm not able to purchase any connects through Paypal and debit and credit card.

Please help me out.

Hi Naveen,

Please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used to purchase Connects. Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am facing the exact same problem that when I try to buy connects it always shows  "payment not proceeded" try alternative options. I have tried PayPal also and facing the same problem.

Hi Mohammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Unable to buy connect, Tried Paypal and 2 different Visa

Hi Atul,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I was facing the same issue last week. I tried to use $10 amount which suddenly refunded back to my account and I didnt receive it yet 😞 . But now I can  Buy connects easily 

Hi Wadduha - Did you use your debit card to buy connects?

Hi, 

We tried purchasing connects with Debit card and Paypal but we are unable to do it.

It says "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

There is sufficient balance in account to proceed.

Can you help out.

Hi Gaurav,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have also tried a lot with my debit card as well as PayPal account still facing same issue.

Hi Mayank,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further via support ticket. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue.

Hi Nilesh, 

You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to use your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork. Please contact Paypal's Customer Support to resolve this issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I tried PayPal but having same issue. Payment failing.

Hi Nilesh, 

As I have mentioned yesterday, please add an alternative Paypal Wallet to your Paypal account and see if the issue persists. If it does, please contact Paypal's Customer Support directly for more information regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bencology
Community Member

Good evening everyone .
Please I tried using my debit card to purchase connect today but the payment wasn't processed. Please how can I fix this issue? Thank you
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Okpamen,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,
IM A NEW MEMBER. TRIED TWO OF MY VISA DEBIT CARDS FOR PURCHASING CONNECTS BUT FAILED. SYSTEM SHOWS 'UNABLE TO PROCESS'. IVE CONTACTED THE BANK HOWEVER THERES NO ISSUE AT THEIR END.
NOTE THE MANDATORY DEDUCTION OF AMOUNT FROM MY ACC BY UPWORK IS DONE
POS **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Rida,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am not able to purchase Connects with Master Card even though I have sufficient funds. As per attached, it shows "We cannot complete your request now. Please try again." I have tried multiple times still no luck.

Could someone help asap.

Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ashwini,

Based on your screenshot, it seems that you are using your mobile to purchase Connects. Could you please confirm if that is the case? If it is, please try doing the same using your computer instead. There is an issue with accessing Upwork using the mobile app that might be causing this. You can check our status page for updates on the issue.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I have tried to purchase connects from computer and not from mobile.
Could you please guide me further.

Thanks

Hi Ashwini,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vikramengr
Community Member

Getting "We can't complete your request now" error page.", when am purchasing Connects through VISA card.
Error 500 (A)

The card has international usage enabled from banking side. This happens after OTP step. Pls help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vikram,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alibhutta1
Community Member

I'm trying to add my HBL master card to buy connections. My card was added successfully. But when I try to buy connections, on billing method I get the error "Payment was declined" what can be the reason? 

Hi Ali,

I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you via a support ticket. Please follow up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you, let me check that,

6d692924
Community Member

hello dear i am facing the same issue which is "payment was declined". i am using master debit card. can you please guide?

Hi Francis,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
jeetdesigner
Community Member

I am also facing the same error i.e. Error 500 (A) while
purchasing connects, please help to resolve this as soon as possible.

Hi Vikram,

It looks like the charge on your credit card is being declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. You can also check out this help article for more information about the Billing Methods available for purchasing connects and membership plans.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have tried with removing and adding the card, but the issue is still there. But I think there is no issue with the card because I always use this card to purchase connects.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members