🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to purchase connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
junaidaslam94
Community Member

Hello,

I wanted to buy some connects. I have used the VISA card option and filled in my card details. After submitting my card details, I get the following message: "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I contacted my bank and got my international payment feature enabled. I tried again and got the same error. Can someone from Upwork please look into it for me?

Regards.

Junaid

Hi Muhammad,

Our team just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
m_abubkar
Community Member

Hello everyone. Every time I tried to purchase connects it shows me message that you are not verified i have sent all credentials my Profile is public still getting this message

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us. "

Kindly help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dipen_narola_259
Community Member

Hi
I am trying to buy connects but unable to proceed. My account is not debited. I tried 2 cards which are working fine with other online shopping platforms.

Can anyone help me to detect issue?

Thanks

Hi Dipen,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
atul-chopra
Community Member

Verify Billing method option is still not visible

sifatm2
Community Member

When I want to buy connects it comes "Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page." I need help. Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sifat Mahmudul,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Try using a different devices or browsers.

6262df62
Community Member

I have added a CC and received an email alert about it, but cannot make a purchase. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Michaelle,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6262df62
Community Member

Thank you.

hafizasadkhan
Community Member

i am also facing this issue, i am not able to buy connects or add billing methods

Hi Asad,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ddurgaprasad
Community Member

My connections exhausted. I am trying to but connections but failed upto 5-6 retries.Payment is not processed via Paypal or anyother card.

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Sorry . It did not help . Tried again, I see  "Charge failed" against PayPal.

&

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Durga Prasad,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mumarrao522
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to buy connects from my primary bank account set up in billing method but whenever i proceed the payment is always declined. 

Hi Umar,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
toufiqul70
Community Member

We all know Upwork is the largest freelancer and buyer community.
I have tow question, My English is not so good.

Why Upwork did not support other Payment methods for buying connections like Paypal, web money, perfect money, skrill ???

Why Upwork allow other cards for buying connections???

I'm not a cardholder. But I have another different online payment method though I can't buy Upwork connects for that reason I beg relatives card to buy connect. This is so much shame to want their card. I live in Bangladesh here is so difficult for getting an international card and their annual charge is high.

Regards,
Toufiqul

Hi Md Toufiqul,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. To see the options available to you, click here. If you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects also. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1c70cf3e
Community Member

I am facing the same problem. Could you please help me?

Hi Noman,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
warstanx
Community Member

Hi,

I have been trying to buy connects buy upon buying it always brought me to "Add Billing Method" instead of doing the actual payment. The billing information is already saved in billing method but whenever i tried to purchase, it always prompt me to go and add another billing method.

Hope to hear your feedback, well appreciated.

Hi Stan,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
abdelghfar_h
Community Member

Any help please?

this payment method was working perfectly and for a while. recently i tried to get a new connects it says to change this payment method.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Hi Abdelghfar,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble buying Connects. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
nwalia05
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to buy connects but I am unable to pay. I get error which says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.".

Can you help me into this?

Hi Nupur,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
pushprajmaraje
Community Member

Hi,

I am lacking connects, so trying to add connects since last month but unable to add, after doing the payment it always say "Select the "Add Connects" button to continue.". Please help!!!

Hi Pushpraj,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hajira_malick
Community Member

hello, i want to buy more connects to work on upwork. But when i try to purchase connects, it has been cancelled, it says that "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

kindly help me out of this, where is the problem and how can i buy connects.

Hi Hajra,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kristijdaniels
Community Member

I have been trying to purchase connects all day. I get the Add Billing Method screen and am able to enter my credit card details. When I hit continue, the Add Billing Method box is still on the screen, but turns completely blank and nothing happens. Help! I'm missing out on the opportunity to bid on some great projects.

Hi Kristi,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try adding your billing method first? Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Afterwards, you should be able to purchase connects by following instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,
I have added a new Paypal, I am unable to purchase connects. Please review the screenshot.

Thanks

Hi Arabinda,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet? You may also consider adding other billing methods. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you Joanna. It is solved now.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members