jlfuller3

Unable to save an application

Hello - I am brand new to Upwork and just went to submit a proposal for the first time.  I finished my cover letter, hit submit and got an error message saying "Sorry, we were unable to save your application.  Please contact support."  I've searched around a bit, but can't seem to come up with why this is happening.  I'd appreciate any insight!  

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maheshajwani

Hi Jessica,

welcome to the community 

There could be many reasons for this  maybe your profile is not approved by Upwork.

you should contact support they will be better able to answer your questions.

here is the link to contact support https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?flash_digest=4b4d2c7bbdb930ac18e075a78b001762daf32541

Good luck

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
maheshajwani

Hi Jessica,

welcome to the community 

There could be many reasons for this  maybe your profile is not approved by Upwork.

you should contact support they will be better able to answer your questions.

here is the link to contact support https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?flash_digest=4b4d2c7bbdb930ac18e075a78b001762daf32541

Good luck

Hi Jennifer

I am fairly new as well and currently receiving the same message 'unable to save application'. I was just wondering if you were able to find out what was the reason for this alert. I went to Upwork Help Center but was unable to get through. Would be grateful for any insight.

Regards

Melissa D

I get this error message from time to time as well. I keep resubmitting or close the proposal and go back in. It seems to work and is just a program glitch.

one of the reason can be because you have submitted once

This is happening again. My profile is approved and it is giving me a hard time. Please help.

Hi Dharmesh,

Does the issue persist after you clear cache and cookies or user a different browser?

~ Valeria
Upwork

I believe I found a reason for this. When I finished writing my cover letter and hit the ‘Submit a Proposal’ button, I got the attached message. I went back to my job feed and discovered that the post was no longer there (maybe someone was hired because there were two interviewees when I decided to apply). If this is the case, I think your developers should pay more attention to this so we get a message if the post stops being available while we're applying for it.

you are right 

singhwork

Hi i have facing problem in Upwork. when i submit my job than upwork showing this message(Unable to save an application). Please solve this issue.

Thank you

Gaurav Singh

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gaurav,

Please clear your cache and cookies, try using a different browser and let me know if the issue persists.

Untitled

Tried it and it hasnt helped. 

Hi Daniel,

Could you please submit a support request and share all relevant details, so our team could take a look and assist you further?

Untitled

Same here.

Facing that issue quite often...

Hello Validimir,

I am trying to save my application. I  add various skills and everytime get the message that the skill was saved. However, when I want to move forward from the skill entry page, it tells me that I have errors and that I need to put in at least one skill. I have cleared the cache and cookies etc. Kindly let me know how to address this.

Hello Validimir,

I am trying to save my application. I  add various skills and everytime get the message that the skill was saved. However, when I want to move forward from the skill entry page, it tells me that I have errors and that I need to put in at least one skill. I have cleared the cache and cookies etc. Kindly let me know how to address this.

Dear Vladimir!

I follow your instructions clear cookies and caches also change browser but nothing solve I still receive caution "We are unable to save your application"
Kindly solve this issue if you have any other instructions so please give and solve this problem.

Thanks.

Hi Usman,

We apologize for the inconvenience, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the Upwork website. You can subscribe to https://status.upwork.com and follow the latest service updates.

~ Goran
Upwork

please i am also facing the same problem

singhwork

I am already tried but issue still pending
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for following up. Could you please tell me which browsers have you tried using and send me in a pm screenshots of the message you're seeing in each of them?

Untitled

I am having this issue too

Tried on Chrome and Vivaldi. Tried incognito as well, no luck. 

Browsed my account and nothing seems wrong. **Edited for Community Guidelines** is my username

Unable to save

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matias,

Please clear cache and cookies on your Chrome browser, try to submit a proposal again and let me know if the problem persists.

Untitled

No Luck.

Tried with 3 different browsers (Firefox/Chrome/Vivaldi) and it doesn't allow me to submit.

What else can I try?

Hi Matias,

I can confirm that this is a known issue that affects a few users and the team is working to fix it as soon as possible. We'll have the team to reach out to you directly for any additional details and keep you updated about the progress.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have the same problem. I can't apply to anything no matter what browser I use. I tried Firefox, Edge and Chrome. No luck so far.

Hi Dragos,

I see that you have already submitted a ticket about this issue and the team is looking into it. They will update you as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm having this same problem, on multiple browsers, after clearing cache and deleting cookies. Job is still open, so that's not it. 

4m3ndy

I still have the same issue, I tried different browsers ( chrome / firefox ) with no luck.

Hi Ahmed,

I see you already have a ticket about it. I'll make sure it's escalated and the team updates you about the issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I can't seem to submit any proposal getting an error message saying:
We were unable to process your proposal due to missing address information. Add your full address.

Hi Shahzad,

You will need to add your city to your address as well. To do this go to Settings > Contact Info > Location and make sure that every field is populated accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
abdullahna

Also facing this issue from the last 2 days, opened a support ticket as well and awating their response, anyone here who faced this problem got it fixed ?

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this problem has caused you. Please check the update our team posted on your recently submitted ticket and note that you'll receive an update one the issue has been resolved.

Untitled

Hi Vliadimir, 

Thans for your response, Yes I did get the response but its sayiing their is no estimated time for the fix, please understand that this is very critical for us freelancers, I've been working on upwork for 2 years, now all of sudden I can't even submit a proposal and I don't have any work and don't even know when this issue is going to resolve.  PLEASE get it fixed ASAP. Thanks.

Hi Abdullah,

Could you please try submitting proposal once again but avoid adding URLs or attachments which contains Links/URLs?

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have the same issue Man Sad

Jamal

Hi Jamal,

What happens when you try to submit a proposal?

Untitled
armsian

Hello

Hi i have problem in Upwork.

When I submit my job than upwork showing this message (Unable to save an application).

Please solve it.