cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save an application

Jessica F Member Since: Apr 18, 2016
1 of 53

Hello - I am brand new to Upwork and just went to submit a proposal for the first time.  I finished my cover letter, hit submit and got an error message saying "Sorry, we were unable to save your application.  Please contact support."  I've searched around a bit, but can't seem to come up with why this is happening.  I'd appreciate any insight!  

Thank you!

Community Guru
Mahesh A Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 53

Hi Jessica,

welcome to the community 

There could be many reasons for this  maybe your profile is not approved by Upwork.

you should contact support they will be better able to answer your questions.

here is the link to contact support https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?flash_digest=4b4d2c7bbdb930ac18e075a78b001762daf32541

Good luck

Melissa D Member Since: May 3, 2016
3 of 53

Hi Jennifer

I am fairly new as well and currently receiving the same message 'unable to save application'. I was just wondering if you were able to find out what was the reason for this alert. I went to Upwork Help Center but was unable to get through. Would be grateful for any insight.

Regards

Melissa D

Becky B Member Since: Aug 4, 2018
4 of 53

I get this error message from time to time as well. I keep resubmitting or close the proposal and go back in. It seems to work and is just a program glitch.

Dharmesh Y Member Since: Jun 5, 2016
5 of 53

This is happening again. My profile is approved and it is giving me a hard time. Please help.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 53

Hi Dharmesh,

Does the issue persist after you clear cache and cookies or user a different browser?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Nicolas A Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
7 of 53

I believe I found a reason for this. When I finished writing my cover letter and hit the ‘Submit a Proposal’ button, I got the attached message. I went back to my job feed and discovered that the post was no longer there (maybe someone was hired because there were two interviewees when I decided to apply). If this is the case, I think your developers should pay more attention to this so we get a message if the post stops being available while we're applying for it.

Mohamed A Member Since: Jan 10, 2019
8 of 53

you are right 

Gaurav S Member Since: Jul 27, 2016
9 of 53

Hi i have facing problem in Upwork. when i submit my job than upwork showing this message(Unable to save an application). Please solve this issue.

Thank you

Gaurav Singh

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 53

Hi Gaurav,

Please clear your cache and cookies, try using a different browser and let me know if the issue persists.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS