Unable to save image - when trying to upload my profile picture

Hi, 

When I upload a new image and click on Save, I am getting the error: 

"Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image."

My image is: .jpg, 25KB

I have already tried different browsers, but the same error appears. 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Maria,

Please use this link to submit a support request and include the screenshot of the error message, and the image file you are trying to upload.

Untitled

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

Could you please try uploading the same photo after clearing your browser's cache and cookies? Also, please try to upload a different photo and contact Customer Support if the issue persists.

Untitled

Cleared browser cache and cookies but I am experiencing the same problems. 

How can I contact customer support?

Hi Maria,

Please use this link to submit a support request and include the screenshot of the error message, and the image file you are trying to upload.

Untitled

Hello. I am experiencing the same issue. What should I do?

Untitled2.png

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry,

Our team is working on updating the profile photo uploading process and you'll be able to upload/edit your photo by clicking on it from the home page (Find Work page), but not from Settings. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Untitled

Hello Vladmir,

I am unable to upload a new profile picture. Can you help?

I've tried clearing the cache and browser history but nothing seems to change. Please help. It brings the following message.

34322.PNG

Regards 

Brian k.

Hello Brian,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Thanks, Pradeep. It's now solved.

goteso

Same old issue.
Tried everything but nothing worked.
Shame for a platform like Upwork.

Hi Yugal,

Sorry about the error. Could you please try uploading your profile photo using a different browser? Let us know if you see the error again.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,

I tried Chrome and Safari, tried clearing cache, tried signing In and out, tried changing photo extensions, tried changing the photo names, tried changing the resolution of the image.

Is there anything else to try , please let me know.

Regards

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yugal,

Can you please try using another photo and let us know if you were able to upload it?

Untitled

Uploaded 6 different photos. Same issue !!!

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yugal,

Can you please send me a private message with an example of images you're not able to upload?

Untitled

Hi,

Waiting for your reply in Private message from last 10 days.
Will this stupid system ever starts working again or these are the ending days of upwork??

Yugal,

A member of our team has reached out to you directly for more details and will assist you with the issue.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

For the last three days, the site has not saved my profile picture, even though I have tried numerous photos, cleared cache and cookies, and used different wifi networks. It seems like it will allow me to upload a picture, but then it will not save it. Screenshots are included.

What should I do?

Kara,

Could you please make sure the file doesn't exceed 25MB and it's a clear photo of you? Let us know if you continue experience the problem.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for your reply, Valeria. I am still experienceing the problem, even though the photos I'm trying to save are each under the size limit. They are all clear headshots of me, too. 

What's your advice?

Hi Kara, 

I've shared your issue with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you via email to help resolve this issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm experiencing the same problem. I've tried reducing the resolution of the file, it is now well under the required 25mb but the result is still the same on different browsers. please help.

Hi Lati, 

I can see you were able to upload a profile picture. Let me know if you are still going through an issue with uploading your profile picture so that I can look into this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there..
M facing issue in uploading profile photo.. Wen I choose photo from gallery it does not show me in the profile box.. N when I save it, it shows an error saying we are unable to save the photos.. Please help...!!

Hi Deepika,

It looks like you were able to upload your profile picture.

~ Valeria
Upwork

So im getting the same issue here. trying to upload a profile pic to finish up my profile but keeps giving me the same error message as all these people. any solution to it yet?

Hi Amir,

A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue. Logged out and back in a few times, disabled ad-blocker, ran the site in Incognito Mode so there were no other cookies.

Attached screenshot of the error message. I have tried 2 different photos, same error message.

Hi I am experoiencing the same issue please help

Hi Sofia, 

An agent from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to help you with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I'm really trying to change my profile photo and I find it impossible. Is there any way?

Hi Alejandro,

Please explain in more detail, Did you keep the circle on your face portion and click on load? If not try it, I hope it will help. 

Hi Alejandro, 

Were you going through any specific error when you tried to upload your profile image? If so, could you please share a screengrab of the error so that we can look into it? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please clarify if you are having issues uploading your profile picture? Do you see any errors?

~ Valeria
Upwork

This morning I tried to upload a profile photo on Upwork and only a picture that doesn't have my face is there and it will not upload and I know that if it doesn't detect your face it will not upload but I don't know what to do,any help guys?

Hi Martha, 

Does this happen even after you try clearing your cache, and cookies or using a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes

Hi Martha, 

Before I proceed, could you please share a screen grab of the error (if there are any) so that I can include it in my report. Thank you!

UPDATE: Martha, I've reported this to the team so that they can include you in the list of those who are affected by the same issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

im also getting the same error