🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to see my sent proposal.
Page options
ibtesamsadiq
Community Member

Unable to see my sent proposal.

Hi,
After Upwork added a connect-based availability status. I didn't enable it yet and there is mentioned that clients won't be able to see my profile and I won't receive an invitation until I set my availability status by using my connects.
But Somehow I got an email while my availability status was off. And someone invited me to submit a proposal. So, I checked it from my account on browser and android app but there wasn't mentioned anything about an invitation from that client. So, I went back to the email and opened the invention through my email. And I successfully submitted a proposal for that job. Then I came back to see the submitted proposal but there was nothing. Still, I can see that client didn't close the job and also didn't hire anyone yet. But it seems like there is no information in the proposal section about this project and the client also didn't receive any information about my proposal.
I don't know if it's happening because of Upwork's new feature of connect-based availability status. Or if it's just a bug.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All, 

I'd like to provide an update about this issue. Our engineering team released a fix for this issue a few days ago and proposals have been displaying correctly since then. Could you please let us know here in the Community or by contacting support here if there are still some proposals you sent when this issue first started that still aren't showing? We'll be able to assist you with those. 

We appreciate your patience!

Update: we'll be closing this thread from further replies.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ibtesam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your proposals. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
I was about to contact the support so that means I don't need to do that now.

Hi Ibtesam,

Yes, that is correct. Our team will reach out to you shortly and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks
jr-translation
Community Member

Ibtesam S wrote:

Hi,
After Upwork added a connect-based availability status. I didn't enable it yet and there is mentioned that clients won't be able to see my profile and I won't receive an invitation until I set my availability status by using my connects.
But Somehow I got an email while my availability status was off. And someone invited me to submit a proposal. So, I checked it from my account on browser and android app but there wasn't mentioned anything about an invitation from that client. So, I went back to the email and opened the invention through my email. And I successfully submitted a proposal for that job. Then I came back to see the submitted proposal but there was nothing. Still, I can see that client didn't close the job and also didn't hire anyone yet. But it seems like there is no information in the proposal section about this project and the client also didn't receive any information about my proposal.
I don't know if it's happening because of Upwork's new feature of connect-based availability status. Or if it's just a bug.

If you replied to an invite, the job should be visible in your messages.

Hi Jennifer,
It's not even showing in messages but when I go to the original job page there is mentioned that "you already submitted the proposal to that job".

I got a few job invites but i did not get any notifications. Also, earlier i was able to see the client's chat for the job invite, i was applying for. But today i applied to a few jobs for which i received an invitation but i am not able to see the chat in the message window. Is there any issue with the platform? 

Hi Kirti,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My proposals to job invites are not seen within my message section. This is a recent development. I need technical support. Thanks. 

Upwork member reached out to me and they said it's a bug and they will fix it soon

Hi Debra, 

I have recieved two invitations today and neither of them have appeared in my "Invitations to interview" section. I can access them through the notifications, and I got an email about them as well. 

I responded to one of them but the message has not appeared in my message inbox. 

Also the other invitation and I can acccept it, but it  not appearing on in my invitations. 

This appears to be something wrong with Upwork 

Hi Ben,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your interviews. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yup!! Same issue here! Was invited via email, sent proposal - nothing showing.  (And it is not the one showing under proposals - that is one I used connects for and was applied to from the job feed)

Likewise—Sunday's proposal has vanished without a trace.

Hello, recently I submitted 2 proposals on the invitations and I'm not able to see them in my inbox or submitted proposal section. Here is the job link to which I was invited to and I already submitted the proposal on that. According to the process, when we submit a proposal on an invite, it quickly displays in our inbox section. But this time, the issue comes and it does not display in my inbox section nor in the submitted proposals. Kindly look into it and resolve this issue as soon as possible. It restricts me to get jobs and I have a serious concern about this issue. Thank you

Hi. I got a job invite from someone. I saw the email I accepted the job.. it is an invite only job. I submitted the proposal but now I can only see the job through the link. However I can not text the client (in my previous job invite the message function was open) but I can’t see the job in submitted proposals or in the active proposal tab. This is very weird and I’m facing the same problem.

I received an email saying the issue is fixed. However, my proposal does not show up under active proposal. I can also not apply again via the previous email link inviting me to the job as it takes me to the proposal I have already sent.

I would just like to know whether the client received it or whether the proposal has disappeared into the ether? 

It’s very sad that Upwork has no solution to this.

Deleted

Hi Divyansh,

I can see that you have already reached out to our team via ticket. One of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I received email for three new jobs invites. I could not find the invitations at the proposal section. I found it at the notification. 

After applying to the job invites. 

A prompt message should show at my message section indicating the clients invitation message and my proposal. (This is the normal thing). 

However, I recently applied to these three new job invites. I could not find my submitted proposals on my message section. 

I need technical support on what to do??? 

Thanks, I anticipate your positive response. 

I've had several invitations come in today. They haven't shown up on the proposals screen, even though I could get to them through the email notification. For the two I've accepted, the proposal isn't on the proposal screen and the chat hasn't started.

Yes, I've cleared cache and cookies.

Wes C wrote:

I've had several invitations come in today. They haven't shown up on the proposals screen, even though I could get to them through the email notification. For the two I've accepted, the proposal isn't on the proposal screen and the chat hasn't started.

Yes, I've cleared cache and cookies.

It's today's bug.

Jennifer R wrote:

It's today's bug.

Ah, I see now. I guess we should be thankful it's not something serious, like profile pictures being turned 90 degrees or something.

Yesterday, I had four-five invitations to interview. I accepted them but cannot see them in the message section. Please help me resolve this issue. It is not a browser issue since I cannot view those in the upwork mobile application as well.

Thanks

Hi Rachna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your invitations. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How much time it will take to solve? please 

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi,

My previous invitations message auto opened after Accepted the invitations,
But I'm Accepted a lot of invitations jobs BUT did not auto-open the message box till yesterday,
What are the reasons? 
I need a best clarify about that

Thanks,
AJ 

Md Abdul J wrote:

Hi,

But I'm Accepted a lot of invitations jobs BUT did not auto-open the message box till yesterday,
What are the reasons? 

Thanks,
AJ 

Same. The chats still haven't opened for the two invitations I accepted yesterday. When do we expect this to be resolved?

Hi,

What are the reasons? 

Thanks,
AJ 

I accepted an invitation and fill the form correctly

This will not show in my proposal page.

However, using the invitation link will take me to a page that I have accepted it but recruiter cannot view that I have.please help me.

Hi Dunsin,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team is aware of this problem and is working on resolving it as soon as possible. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your proposal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I posted a job (link: **Edited for community guidelines**)

I invited 8 freelancers to the job. Most of them accepted but I don't see a proposal from any of them. In the past I would see this in the messages tab, but now the proposals are nowhere to be found and I cannot message the freelancers.

When I open proposal window, I don't see a proposal and there is no way to communicate with the client.

Is there a bug in upwork? Why is it so difficult to figure out how to see proposals and interact with invited freelancers?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andriy,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? You should be able to locate the proposals for your project here

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
1bb79c2f
Community Member

Same issue, been using upwork for years with different accounts, never had this problem. I recieve the emails when an applicant accepts the proposition, also a notification in upwork.com (see scrnshts) but they don't show up in "Proposals".

Emptied cookies, changed browser, etc. Nothing in "review proposals".

Even more than an hour later (saw an other thread saying it takes an hour to refresh... which wasn't the case before).

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 19.30.40.pngScreenshot 2021-07-27 at 19.32.29.pngScreenshot 2021-07-27 at 19.34.39.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Quentin,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Freelancers have replied to my offer, but no record of the invitation or proposals. Cannot contact the candidates. Has a solution been identified yet? Really stuck with this one. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members