🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to submit proposal with milestones.
Page options
varpness
Community Member

Unable to submit proposal with milestones.

I realize there are no milestones for hourly jobs, but I've recently encountered a job where I was only able to submit a bid for the entire job. I received a response from the client, who wants to work with me but would like to have 4 milestones. I can make an edit to the proposal, but it will not allow me to add milestones. Could someone please advise how to proceed.

Sincerely,

Mat

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah, I don't know why it didn't let you do it--usually budget is what determines whether you're offered that option. But, the client can set it up any way they want from their end.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Member

You can't propose milestones when the client's budget was small (not sure what the threshhold is), but the client can edit the terms when creating the offer and set up milestones.

Hmm, well the budget is over $500, and I have submitted proposals for the same budget before, so I'm not sure what is going on.

So you're saying I should advise the client to revise the terms and add the milestones herself?

Yeah, I don't know why it didn't let you do it--usually budget is what determines whether you're offered that option. But, the client can set it up any way they want from their end.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members