🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to update address to US
Page options
sunnysoldier357
Community Member

Unable to update address to US

I am trying to update my address to fill up W9 but everytime i try to update the address it tells me i need to update my tax information. And when i go under the tax information to update my address, it send me to my feed after asking my password for some reason. I have tried clearing cookies and changing browsers but still have this issue.

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Sandeep S wrote:

Unable to update address to US.

When did you move to the US?

I realised the address has to be the permannent address. Even though temporarily i am not in the US, my permanent address is US-based.

Sandeep S wrote:

I realised the address has to be the permannent address. Even though temporarily i am not in the US, my permanent address is US-based.

You are currently not in the US. Do not try to set your address to the US unless and until you are physically there.

You'll have a hard time proving you're in the US when you are not and you would obviously not want to give Upwork reason to suspend you for trying to be untruthful about your location.

But can the W9 be filled with a temporary overseas address?

Sandeep S wrote:

But can the W9 be filled with a temporary overseas address?

If you're a US tax payer you'll need help from Support to get this sorted.

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members