🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to upgrade my upwork account to member...
Page options
srs420
Community Member

Unable to upgrade my upwork account to membership plus

Hello Team Upwork!

I have submitted my billing methods as master card and there are available balance to ubgrade my account to upwork membership plus. But the problem I am facing is that everytime when I try to upgrade and activate freelancer plus this message arrives "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." I am not sure what to do. Please don't say I don't have balance on card or it's the problem of bank gateway. I am facing thi problem from last three days.

upwork.PNG

14 REPLIES 14
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saifur,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your billing method issue.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
khanmuhammad_a72
Community Member

Dear, i am facing the same issue for the last two weeks. did you able to solve out the problem or still facing? I am also from Pakistan.
kindly let me know. Please

Hi Muhammad, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further through an email support ticket.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same problem kindly help me out. I am also using mastercard.

In Pakistan, there is an issue for this, for this verification, you need to verify your scanned ID card first then apply for this membership plan then you'll able to gain this. 
Thank you.

Thanks for your help. kindly tell how can i verify my scanned id card?

There is option for put scanned id card. you can see in setting.

Hi Fahad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with adding your billing method.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
36032be7
Community Member

I have the same issue. Unable to upgrade my upwork account to membership plus.

Hi Haider,

Edited to correct information: 

I am sorry for the confusion in my original post. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message you receive when you try to upgrade your membership plan? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
sadiabd98
Community Member

I am facing the same issue to upgrade my membership plan to "Freelancer Plus". Can I spend from Upwork earning to upgrade Freelancer Plus membership?

**Edited for community guidelines**

srs420
Community Member

Surely you can upgrade with Upwork amount but you need to add a card before
doing that, if there is no amount in card it will deduct from Upwork
account.
sadiabd98
Community Member

When I am trying to add my Brac bank VISA card Upwork isn't authorizing my card. Please suggest to me, which card can I add here?

srs420
Community Member

Brac Bank visa card has no dual currency system as well global payments gateway. You need to try with EBL aqua card or city bank amex card. Thanks
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths