🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem with adding portfolio
Page options
e8aed673
Community Member

Unable to upload to portfolio

I'm unable to upload to my portfolio. When I drag or click on a file, the box turns gray with message that the file is uploading. However, it doesn't upload. The file is only 300kb. Have tried twice unsuccessfully. Never had this problem previously.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Shawn and Valued Members,

We truly appreciate you reporting these errors and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I have shared your report with the appropriate team for further review and assistance. Kindly expect an update on this page from one of the members with your support ticket once your report is fully reviewed.

**Edited for Updates**

We just received an update that this is a known issue with the Portfolio feature. Our engineers are looking into these errors and working to address the issue that's causing them. We'll keep this thread updated with more information. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
c3cf1dee
Community Member

Have you completed any job?

a77045c6
Community Member

Hi there,

I have found the same problem. I have been trying to upload more images to my portfolio for a few hours, but still can't.

SOS!

Hi,

I am trying to upload images on portfolios section  but its not uploading but when I check the console for Javascript errors and warning I found there is an error arriving when I triger the upload photo event.
I have checked by clearing cache, changing browser, even I have tried with different PC and different OS
Please check the image its clearing showing the error "height is undefined" 

Thank you

Hey Anas, not sure you can upload a PNG file?

Hi there,

I've been facing the same issue over and over again on various devices. Please help me resolve this.

While I was adding portfolio just now, I found that I couldn't add details, nor could preview my project portfolio even though it can be related to my previous work earned at Upwork.   Moreover. the system always display the messages "unknown project type error". see screenshot.   I am wondering whether someone can help me out in this respect.  

Thanks! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zhen, 

Does this happen when you try to clear your browser's cookies or use a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork
22b6baa6
Community Member

No I only use my default browser and I wasn't told to clear any cookies.    So how to shoot this trouble? 

9fb1efde
Community Member

I have the same issue 

9fb1efde_0-1669149113240.png

d8414b02
Community Member

I am here to say the issues are still a problem for me as well. Let the upload set most of the day, just to see if I could get it to upload, and came back to 0% as well. 

ArjayM

Hi Shawn and Valued Members,

We truly appreciate you reporting these errors and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I have shared your report with the appropriate team for further review and assistance. Kindly expect an update on this page from one of the members with your support ticket once your report is fully reviewed.

**Edited for Updates**

We just received an update that this is a known issue with the Portfolio feature. Our engineers are looking into these errors and working to address the issue that's causing them. We'll keep this thread updated with more information. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
a77045c6
Community Member

I gave up to upload the new images (both JPG and PNG files) to my portfolio tonight, will retry tomorrow.

But PDF files are an option, please see attached.

unable to upload to port.png

I am having the same issue. I deleted my existing portfolio to load the new one, and I'm without a portfolio now.

As I see many people have faced (and facing) the same issue in time.

Why don't you post a public answer so anyone having the same problem can do a little search and find a solution without wasting their and your time by tickets (whatever they are - I don't know). Why is there a forum if everyone is getting answers by Dm's for their questions?!

Let me reply myself in case if anyone reads this.

Try to save your files in webP format. It worked for me.

(edit)

They have no previews, just seen as downloadable links. But better than nothing for a while

PDF files show a preview in Gallery.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths