🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to use Time Tracker for contract
Page options
dmrichardson
Community Member

Unable to use Time Tracker for contract

Hello,

I am fairly new to Upwork and thus far have only had contracts that were paid by milestone.  I recently accepted a job that needed to be complete in a week but it was paid hourly.  I was unable to figure out Time tracker and also had difficulty getting it loaded on my desktop so I tacked my hours manually (on a pad of paper)  only to find that I couldn't enter them in time tracker after I finished the job.  Apparently, this is a featured that must be enabled by the client.  I asked the Client to enable this feature but she has not responded.  So, in the interest of time and now that I have finished all of the work; I sent her an invoice that I created.  Please advise on this instance with respec to being paid.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Karen Yvette R wrote:

Hello,

I am fairly new to Upwork and thus far have only had contracts that were paid by milestone.  I recently accepted a job that needed to be complete in a week but it was paid hourly.  I was unable to figure out Time tracker and also had difficulty getting it loaded on my desktop so I tacked my hours manually (on a pad of paper)  only to find that I couldn't enter them in time tracker after I finished the job.  Apparently, this is a featured that must be enabled by the client.  I asked the Client to enable this feature but she has not responded.  So, in the interest of time and now that I have finished all of the work; I sent her an invoice that I created.  Please advise on this instance with respec to being paid.  Thank you.

The client can pay you as a bonus, but if he does not, you won't get paid.

It is wise to work hourly contracts with the tracker, at least until you know and trust the client and vice versa. Never assume a client is OK with manual time, even if it is enabled (it is enabled by default, so the client must have deliberately and knowingly disabled it because he does not want you to work manual time, which is his right.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members