🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to verify Identity
Page options
bkinnari
Community Member

Unable to verify Identity

Hello,

I have an upwork account since December 2017.

Now it is asking me to validate identify by uploading id card, driving license or passport.

It allows to upload only single image.

I did tried uploading PAN Card image, passport image and/or dirving license.

It is not accepting saying pan card is black and white, passport is not full (now tell me how can entire passport come in single image?) and dirving license is hand written (it was issued in year 2000 that time no smart card was present). now how can I resolve this issue? I am genuine candidate eitehr allow me to upload PDF then you will get all documents.

Note: I have new license but it has name after my marriage so then will i have to upload marriage certificate also? IF so where can I upload the same.

Please take this issue on priority, I am working on few task, to get it complete need to close this verification.

20 REPLIES 20
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kinnari,

I checked your account and I can see that you`re communicating with our team on your ticket. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket, our team will assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I tried to do the identity verification but it keeps telling me I don't have access to it currently. What could be the problem?

Hi Ikechukwu,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ark03
Community Member

Hi,

I'm unable to verify my identity. 

Upwork recently verified my account at 18-April-2021 while I was adding my payment method to purchase connects. Now on a contract upwork again asking to verify the account. I've tried many times like 3-4 times in 2 days. But still unable to verify my ID.

1- Sometimes face issue about technical banners
2- We couldn't verify your ID. even from the Same ID I've verified my account. 

Please help. I'm wondering if same ID card is verified some days ago why this is not submitting again. 
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ark03
Community Member

Hi,

I've again tried with Firefox. but didn't get success. I'm available for video verification or anything. I'm wondering why this process not resolving as I'm trying from 3 days. Few dyas back at 18-April the process was very smooth and my document got verified. But now still tryig to succeed.  

can you please help me to figure this out or any procedure which I've to follow to get verified? 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
23f2cb85
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am unable to find profile verification button in my upwork settings, can you please help me.

Hi Mohit,

It seems like you are interested in earning the ID verified badge. We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll send you an email and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue and I cannot reach support.

Hi John,

It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
skraju80
Community Member

The document I submitted for account verification was not approved and they asked me to resubmit the valid document, Now I want to resubmit the correct document but does not show me any options there for reuploading my document.

What can I do in this situation?

Hi Abdur,

I checked with the team and they were able to sort this out. You should be able to see your badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork
sirayhan_cse
Community Member

Hello, I am facing the same issue. I have tried chrome and firefox. I tried to upload my National ID and Passport but it failed.wwww.png

Hi Saiful,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you submitted your documents for review. Please allow more time for our team to review them. They should complete the review in the next 24 hours. 

If they need any additional information they will let you know.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola, It's almost 2 days I updated my documents for identity verification but it still under review.

Hi Saiful,

I've escalated your concern to the team so that they can look into this for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Marie, My Request is still under review. How many days its take to complete?

Hi Saiful,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I reached out to the team handling your case and your verification is now approved. You should be able to see the "Identity Verified" badge on your profile. 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1ac6afd8
Community Member

Hello, 

I accidentally uploaded an old version of my driver's license and was denied access.   Can someone please contact me to let me know how to upload the correct version?   I would like to get verified as soon as possible.

Thank you, 

Chelsea

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members