🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork
Page options
gopip18
Community Member

Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork

Please check my Legal Taxpayer Name. Now I verified the legal name and PAN number. Please check and approve.

gopip18_1-1646185972652.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

322 REPLIES 322

After re-adding the PAN number, give some time to Upwork; within a few days, it gets verified.

Hi Paresh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

You can find more information here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d0d61b47
Community Member

Hi Team,

Hope you are well.

I have uploaded my PAN in Upwork profile since a two weeks but my Pan card showing still in Pending verification.

Can you please check asap?

Thanks.

Hi Jalpa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I have resubmitted PAN 3 to 4 times still i did not get stataus of PAN. i am loosing my money of tax.

How much time did take for a Manual verification?

Hope you are understand.

Thanks.

Hi Jalpa,

When you initially added your PAN and the status was pending, no other actions were needed on your end. You automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Team,

I have added the PAN number. But still, it shows PAN pending verification.

Any other methods to complete this verification?

Regards,

Krishna Maurya

Hi Krishna,

~ AJ
Upwork
bavadiya-vishal
Community Member

I want to update my Tax Identification and I am not able to update the Legal Taxpayer Name it's auto-filled from the client profile I want my name on Legal Taxpayer Name
Also, how can I close my client profile?
thanks 
Vishal

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vishal, 

Please edit your Form W-8BEN first by clicking on the pencil icon. Once edited, please delete your Tax Identification (ID) and re-add it again. 

As for closing the client account, I'll go ahead and close your client account as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery O

sahilbaghla
Community Member

I am also facing the same issue. I have deleted my Tax Identification (ID) and re-added it again. I have done that twice.  I have also been receiving my tax certificate properly from Upwork all these years at my provided PAN ID.

The added legal to your Tax Information (ID) and the Form W8-BEN both match the registered name on the PAN ID.

sahilbaghla
Community Member

Received email, which says "We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. "
But the Tax number (PAN) is correct. What do I do? I'm in India. I have already removed my ID and resubmitted it. And, I am still receiving the same mail.

Hi Sahil,

Please check the information that Avery shared here to learn more about how you can add your Tax information to your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f897187c
Community Member

Hi

do I have to submit PAN? if it is then how? please help me on this regard as i am new here.

Hi Meera,

You will need to add a PAN in order to keep the withholding tax at 1% of your earnings. To enter your PAN, click here. To learn more about this as well, check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d20c9316
Community Member

I need a certificate from Upwork for all Indian TDS Tax Withholding Upwork has deducted so far. Where to get this from?

Hi Raj,

One of our support agents just reached out to you with more information and instructions. You should receive an email notification about their message and can also access it here.
Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
skumard
Community Member

Hi,
My PAN was verified.
TDS was credited from Jul 2021 to Dec 2021 so far for current financial year.
But Apr 2021 to Jun 2021 quarter is missing. Anyone got this issue?

228f1c14
Community Member

I got a mail this week that they couldn't verify my PAN ID. It is an unique number designated to Indian citizens for tax proposes.

Without this verification I'd be charged 5% TDS instead of 1%. I've been using Upwork regularly for about 9 months now and never had an issue. Please fix this.

Hi Trisha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try to remove your ID and then re-submit it for validation? You can update by clicking here. Please double-check your tax ID number(s). 

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
228f1c14
Community Member

I have tried removing and adding the PAN number, it's been more than two days as promised but it's still not verified. Please expedite the process.

Hi Trisha,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
vyomk3
Community Member

I am an India based freelancer.

One of my client which is also India based is curious to know if they require to file TDS from their side. Since me as a freelancer is already subjected to 1% TDS, I am not sure if my client too needs to file TDS.

Can we get any help on this?

vipulnandan
Community Member

Hi, 

I have not received any Form 16 for TDS filing till date. I need the certs for the FY21 for. Please provide the same ASAP. 

aa69bda8
Community Member

Hi There
I have Freelancer Account as well as Agency Account.
My PAN number is verified in my Freelancer Account , recently i received an email that its not verified in my Agency Account. 
My  Legal Taxpayer Name is same in my Freelancer and Agency account as i am sole proprietor.
Same reason by PAN is going to be same in my Individual Account and Agency account
I have verified and found my informatio correct on Traces.

Looking forward for support here

Thank you

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ankit_s_1098
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am Indian citizen and we have PAN ID as our Tax Identification. I been doing freelancing for about last 9th months and my PAN ID was verified. But few days back suddenly my PAN ID got unverfied on upowrk and a message poped up stating the same. I tried to remove and then adding it again it showed pan verifcation pending but after some days I got same message. What should I do in this situation.

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have gone thorugh this article and that is fine for me but the verification suddenly disappreared, and now it is not verifying. So that's issue.

ankit_s_1098
Community Member

Sir I think I got the issue, it is due to tax name on my pan card I think. Now I have changed the name to name on PAN ID and also verified it with trace. Thanks a lot for helping out.

denisvithani
Community Member

I am registered as a proprietor and I have GST and PAN numbers. due to proprietor, my personal PAN is my Business PAN number. but in Upwork, my PAN is not verified. Every time I add my PAN detail it gets rejected due to a miss-match name. Please give me the solution.

Hi Denis,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
vipulnandan
Community Member

Hi, I am raising this issue for the second time. My TDS certificates for the last financial year were not delivered and are needed for fillling the return. 

Any assisstance form UW would be appreciated.

Hi Vipul,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
redhurohit
Community Member

I am uploading my PAN no. for TAX purpose and every time it got rejected. My PAN no. Is correct. Then why this is happening.

Hi Rohit,

It looks like you were able to re-add your PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea

But it is showing " PAN could not be verified. Please remove and Re add number to update' status every time i update it again. Please check the screenshot.

Hi Rohit,

I checked your account and I'm not seeing that message on my end, could you please check again? You can also try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists.

~Andrea
Upwork
kalthiyanirmal
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

Hope you all are very well.

I have my freelancer account. As well as an agency account. **Edited for Community Guidelines** . But I don't know why the Tax Identification > PAN is not verified. I added before once. And they are not verified. I again added. But still, after 4-5 days, it's not verifying.

I hurry about this because of charges. So, can you please check out why it's taking too long?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you so much.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members