🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork
Page options
gopip18
Community Member

Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork

Please check my Legal Taxpayer Name. Now I verified the legal name and PAN number. Please check and approve.

gopip18_1-1646185972652.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

317 REPLIES 317

Hi Marmik,

Thank you for your message. If you've managed to add your PAN details successfully, i.e. it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're good to go! No further action on the Upwork platform is necessary.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Then I will wait for the verified message. Also as per this blog, https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044709894-Indian-Tax-Deducted-at-Source-TDS-or-Withh..., Upwork charges 5% TDS if I didn't provide TAX information. It's already taken too many days to verify. So, I am worried.

Thank you so much.

Hi Marmik,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

Thank you for letting me know. Now, I am free for this.

Thank you so much.

arunprabhukg
Community Member

Hi,

I have Updated my pan number twice as per the https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/ ...

Also  updated my tax id on Upwork as was asked in the email. but still shows as "PAN pending verification".

Please someone provide solution for this

PAN verified.png

Hi Arun,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Upwork

I am getting "Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork" emails again and again. I have added my correct PAN number and Legal Name in W-8 section. Both of them are as per IT department and TRACES records. Still again and again my TAX ID verficiation fails. 

And I am able to verify my PAN with same details on TRACES website. But somehow on Upwork it fails with Unable to verify your PAN.

Please help me with this issue on Upwork platform.

Hi Riddhi,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c14ccbde
Community Member

c14ccbde_0-1647961984818.png

When ever i try to update my tax identification id it not allowing me to enetr my name. Freelancer developer as legal tax payer is by default being selected. I guess because of which my tax identification is being rejected evary time i upload

Hi Pankaj,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

👍

Tural Babashov

I don't know

Tural Babashov
mandeep-yss
Community Member

Hi team,
I have an Indian freelancer account as well as an agency account. My Indian PAN number is not verified in my freelancer account as well as the agency account as I have removed PAN and re-submitted it twice. My legal taxpayer name is the same in my freelancer and agency account as I am a sole proprietor. The same reason by PAN is going to be the same in my individual account and agency account. I have verified and found my information correct on Traces.

Looking forward to your support!

Thank you

Hi Mandeep,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I am getting "Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork" emails again and again. I have added my correct PAN number and Legal Name in W-8 section. Both of them are as per IT department and TRACES records. Still again and again my TAX ID verficiation fails. 

And I am able to verify my PAN with same details on TRACES website. But somehow on Upwork it fails with Unable to verify your PAN.

Please help me with this issue on Upwork platform.

you can write your w9 code

Tural Babashov

I registrated with w9 code

Tural Babashov
snshashi17
Community Member

Hi,

In tax information section, My pan was not verified so It shows the error that please remove the PAN and Upload it again. But still it is not verified. So I kindly request you to please check the issue and Verify my PAN.

Thank you in advance!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

problem-related with w9 code

Tural Babashov
chirag_rustagi
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to verify my PAN, even though it is correct and active. It says that:

"We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. Please double-check your tax ID number(s). You need to remove your ID and then re-submit it for validation."

Can someone help?

Hi Chirag,

Could you please confirm if you're still experiencing this issue? If so, please make sure your name in the W-8BEN section of Tax Information matches your PAN before trying again.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I have added my name in W-8BEN section of Tax Information and then added the PAN number again. Will let you know if it's solved. Thanks in advance!

****UPDATE:****

This has been resolved. Thanks for your help, Andrea!

thanks, it can be solved

Tural Babashov
rakeshsharma2
Community Member

HI,

I want to change my pencard and what is process of change in pencard......

Hi Rakesh,

You can manage your PAN in Settings > Tax Information.

~Andrea
Upwork
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

interestingg

Tural Babashov
rakeshsharma2
Community Member

HI

I want change my pencard number can any one help him...

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You should be able to add your PAN number under the Tax Information section on the Setting page. Here is a screenshot for reference. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
keedacreative
Community Member

Hi There!

I'm a freelancer from India, as per the gov. rule I need to submit my gov issued tax id on Upwork.

But, when I'm adding my tax ID information on Upwork, the legal taxpayer name shows wrong by default, it's showing "Creative Keeda" instead of "Sachin Soni".

Could you please help me to change this?

I'm attaching screenshots with this

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

👍

Tural Babashov
9bbb4ab4
Community Member

Hi Pradeep.

I have added my PAN multiple times but still it is not getting added in the system. I also did the PAN verification on PAN website it says PAN is Active but getting error in Upwork for adding. Refer both the screenshots attached.

Can you please check the same.

Thanks.

Mrugesh.

Hi Mrugesh,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

benefical

Tural Babashov
nitesh_796
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your response. I did what you mentioned and now I am having PAN pending verification.

nitesh_796_0-1649224309233.png

Would it still deduct 5% TDS ?

Thanks 

Nitesh

kraanthi
Community Member

Hi There,

I have uploaded my Pan Card, but it's not validating, Reason might be that the name in Pan card is not matching with name in upwork, what shall I do ? Do I need to update my name in upwork profile ?

Hi Kranthi,

I checked and can see that you have not added your name in the "Legal Taxpayer Name" field and your Form W-8BEN under Settings > Tax Information. Please make sure you add the correct legal name that matches your PAN ID that can be found on the TRACES record.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pankajrwr
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Am also facing this problem since last two days which is really irritating.
Doesn't matter which support page I click on I will get redirected to the Jobs feed. 

I have tried after clearning my cache and cookies and also I tried this in a new browser/new PC with no luck.

I need to raise a ticket related to my PAN verification status not updating but before that I guess I have to get this redirection issue resolved. 

Please look into this asap.  

emailtochabra
Community Member

Hello,

Can you let me know why my pan number not verified?

Hi Priyanka,

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members