🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to win a job :(
Page options
ahmedjalal91
Community Member

Unable to win a job :(

I have submitted over 70 proposals on jobs which are perfectly matched with my skills set but I am unable to win any job for 3 months Smiley Sad . Please anyone can help me or suggest something.

Thanks  

4 REPLIES 4
microsharif700
Community Member

I have found its a bit of a luck and favor. For example if you found a job but client is very arrogant and rude, then it doesn't work, if you found a job but your overall expertise does not match then same thing will happen. You should keep trying. I have a client invited me in upwork, and I invite outside client to upwork, that is what I am doing now. But I am keep trying and trying, maintain good relationship with all my leads for future client.

resultsassoc
Community Member

I do not know what you do because I cannot access your profile. If you provide a commodity service, one in which every provider does the same thing, then you'll have a tough time because those jobs are awarded almost always on price. Dropping your rate to win jobs is a death spiral.

If you do not provide a commodity service, but must use knowledge and creativity in your line of work, your rate might be too low. If I want someone to edit a book or create graphhics, I expect to pay for the service. I've never turned down someone because his rate was too high, but I have turned down several whose rate was too low. If you don't think you're worth very much, I'm not going to argue with you.

66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Ahmad Jalal,

Welcome to this forum. I am sorry to hear that even after sending 70 proposals, you haven't got any job. It's a tough time. But see, working on this and other such platforms is never a child's play. It's a constant struggle. Be patient and keep trying. 

Try to bring clients from outside to Upwork. Showcase your portfolio and skillset on other social media platforms. Let others know what skill you have and how you can solve their problem. Also, focus on your pricing. Though it should not be that high in the beginning but must not be too low. Know your worth and don't underestimate yourself.

All the best.

Thanks

Naheedmir

https://www.coupongot.com/
tomzilla1
Community Member

It's a very competitive place, and honestly 70 isn't that bad. You're new. When I started here, it took me I think 2 months before I got a first offer. I didn't bother send any proposals however... Sometimes there's just not any demand for your skills. If I were you I'd find work in a fast food or retail for now just to make sure you have money to pay for food and bills.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members