🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to win any JOB on upwork
Page options
alighazi0003
Community Member

Unable to win any JOB on upwork

I am unable to win any job on upwork. Kindly have a look into a sample of my cover letter and suggest any changes if required.

"Hello,

Its a pleasure to view your job post, I will appreciate if you can tell me little more about your project, how many month's or year's data due you want to be arranged? Are you using any desktop or cloud accounting means? Are you interested in the use of some software or more comfortable with spread sheets? What are the major services that you offer?

I am a "Quickbooks Online Accountant", certified "Quickbooks ProAdvisor", and "Xero Partner" as well as an Audit Associate at an Audit and Accountancy Firm. Its quite a job I am experienced in and will appreciate a chance of being heard.

Awaiting for your kind response!

Best Regards,

Bu Ali.

6 REPLIES 6
ultimateroadcar
Community Member

Well I'm not in position to comment on your cover letter, but being on the similar situation of fighting for a first hire I will tell you this: I think what matters the most, and I mean THE most, is your Upwork history: hours worked, client reviews, success score... which puts us newcomers in a pretty unfavorable position, however skilled we may be.
That's how I see it.. up untill now.

agreed

If you have had any work experience outside Upwork you can tell the client right from the start on your application and also write all your skills and past jobs on your profile. 

polyniki
Community Member

Hi, do you send that cover letter to everybody? Send an individual cover letter that you wrote specifically for the job you are applying to after reading all the requirements, because some of your questions might already be answered. Actually, avoid asking questions. Start by saying why you believe you are the right person for the job, and ask the questions when you get the inverview.

thanks for the guideline... got your point 🙂
lysis10
Community Member

These YouTube videos that push asking questions are really funny.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths