🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unanswered Proposals
Page options
stephanmaurer
Community Member

Unanswered Proposals

After finishing a Project outside of Upwork, I am much more active on the platform again.

I send out many applications, 36 in the last 2 weeks.
I got 3 Jobs 

3 open Interviews (2 I did not hear anything for over a week)
and one offer was declined.

Some were closed.

What does happen to the applications that don't get any activities(some of them were "urgent")?

Do they get closed automatically?

Do I get my connects back if a job closes?

6 REPLIES 6
tlbp
Community Member

Nothing really happens. You don't get your connects back. "Urgent" doesn't always mean what you think it means. 

I got that "urgent" can mean many things.

What it is frustrating that you don't know what is happening.
Mostly I think they hired somewhere else.
But would be good if these jobs close after a certain amount of time and one would not loose connects on these jobs. 
I do not mind loosing connects on a job I don't get, but on jobs no one gets

Stephan M wrote:

I got that "urgent" can mean many things.

What it is frustrating that you don't know what is happening.
Mostly I think they hired somewhere else.
But would be good if these jobs close after a certain amount of time and one would not loose connects on these jobs. 
I do not mind loosing connects on a job I don't get, but on jobs no one gets

Most of us agree. Welcoming tire-kickers is fine, sometimes they turn into great clients. But I think if a job post stays up 30 days with no hire, then the client should receive a message telling them to either renew the post via a one-click process or the job will be closed in 24 hours. If the latter, then FLs who applied should get their connects back. I do not expect there's a snowball's chance such a policy will be adopted.

lexidh
Community Member

As freelancers we are probably better off expecting nothing (because that is what we usually get, including not getting our wasted connects back) and being pleasantly surprised when an application (or invite) results in actual work. 

hoffenberg-irit
Community Member

You only get the connects back when the job is canceled. Some of the non active jobs could still be canceled by the clients and you will get the connects back because it is not good for the clients to show open jobs or closed jobs  with no hire, it reduces their hiring rate. If they canceled the job it is better for their statistics and then you get the connects back. The only problem some clinets may not be aware of this. 

Irit H wrote:

You only get the connects back when the job is canceled. Some of the non active jobs could still be canceled by the clients and you will get the connects back because it is not good for the clients to show open jobs or closed jobs  with no hire, it reduces their hiring rate. If they canceled the job it is better for their statistics and then you get the connects back. The only problem some clinets may not be aware of this. 

I don't think they would care even if they were aware. Even clients with bad hiring rates and/or terrible reviews can still post projects and get 50+ bids. There's no incentive to change their behavior.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths