🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unauthorized Withdrawal
Page options
diegozcore
Community Member

Unauthorized Withdrawal

Hi, this morning while I was sleeping I received a message basically saying that there was a 97$ withdrawal from my account. I didn't authorize this and to be honest, the message looks like a human withdrawal, there's no information whatsoever about why it happened in case it was made by Upwork automatically.

I've read a few posts and I keep reading responses such as "Upwork automatically withdraws to your primary account after 180 days", about this I have to say that the last time I earned money was in Early March. However the last time I withdrew money was on Nov 18, from Nov 18 to today's date is more than 180 days so I want to know if someone had access to my account or if this was made by Upwork.

Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Diego A wrote:

However the last time I withdrew money was on Nov 18, from Nov 18 to today's date is more than 180 days so I want to know if someone had access to my account or if this was made by Upwork.

Nobody had access to your account, the money was sent by Upwork to your preferred withdrawal method because part of it was over 180 days "old".

Thank you for your response Petra, quite frankly my only concern was that it was made by someone else. You guys have probably thought about this already but it would be nice to make the Gmail message a bit more specific about this withdrawal, it was extremely misleading to read "Contact Upwork Support if this request was not authorized.". I've also seen in other posts this same issue with the same message and same responses but yeah that's my advice.

Again, thank you for the quick response and for confirming that it was Upwork and not someone else 🙂 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members