🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unauthorized payment
Page options
415400de
Community Member

Unauthorized payment

Today at 12:30pm i received a notification for payment confirmation but i didn't initiated any payment request nor i have received any amount into my local bank. I have saved this amount to buy connects in future, i want to know how can i cancel this transaction.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shahzaib A wrote:

Thank you for the quick response but I had set scheduled payments options to when $1000 or more and i had only $35 in my account but still it happened.

The money was in your Upwork account for more than 6 months, which isn't possible, so it was automatically disbursed to your payment method.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
petra_r
Community Member

Shahzaib A wrote:

Today at 12:30pm i received a notification for payment confirmation but i didn't initiated any payment request nor i have received any amount into my local bank. 

It was either because no money can stay in your Upwork account for over 6 month. If it's there longer than 6 months, it is auomatically sent to your withdrawal method. Iit's also WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too early to expect to see the funds in your bank account. That'll take 2 to 5 business days excluding weekends and holidays.

Shahzaib A wrote: i want to know how can i cancel this transaction.

It can't be cancelled.

415400de
Community Member

Thank you for the quick response but I had set scheduled payments options to when $1000 or more and i had only $35 in my account but still it happened.

Yes i hadn't set the reserved amount which i have set now.

petra_r
Community Member

Shahzaib A wrote:

The money was in your Upwork account for more than 6 months, which isn't possible, so it was automatically disbursed to your payment method.

Hi Shahzaib,

Petra is correct, we can't keep your funds on Upwork for more than 180 days. Due to this, your earnings were pushed to your preferred payment method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ohh okay, i wasn't aware of that.
Thank you for the immediate feedback.

Hi,

I'm having similar issue and this time the money hasn't stayed more than a week. 

Kindly assist me recover the money.

Hi Collins,

I checked and it looks like your funds were withdrawn automatically according to your Automatic Payment Schedule. We can't reverse or cancel the transaction at this moment. For more information about the schedule and how to set it to suit your needs, you can check this article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
9564a83a
Community Member

Thanks!

Hi Lily,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Please am having similar issues please relate these to Upwork Customer agent to cancel such payment and reverse the funds back to my Upwork account as soon as possible 

Please can I cancel such payment 

Hi Morrison,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
646930a9
Community Member

I woke up to an authorised transaction that was successful in my Upwork that has nothing to do with me.

If you had funds for more than 180 days, the avalaible balance was transfered to your account. Upwork does not keep money more than 180 days.

fab080d3
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

Thank you. I've come across information regarding automatic Upwork transfers directly to the bank when the amount exceeds $1000. I'll give it some time to see if the transferred amount reflects in my bank account. Thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members