cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized payment

415400de
Shahzaib A Member Since: Apr 4, 2020
1 of 6

Today at 12:30pm i received a notification for payment confirmation but i didn't initiated any payment request nor i have received any amount into my local bank. I have saved this amount to buy connects in future, i want to know how can i cancel this transaction.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

Shahzaib A wrote:

Today at 12:30pm i received a notification for payment confirmation but i didn't initiated any payment request nor i have received any amount into my local bank. 

It was either because no money can stay in your Upwork account for over 6 month. If it's there longer than 6 months, it is auomatically sent to your withdrawal method. Iit's also WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too early to expect to see the funds in your bank account. That'll take 2 to 5 business days excluding weekends and holidays.

Shahzaib A wrote: i want to know how can i cancel this transaction.

It can't be cancelled.

415400de
3 of 6

Thank you for the quick response but I had set scheduled payments options to when $1000 or more and i had only $35 in my account but still it happened.

Yes i hadn't set the reserved amount which i have set now.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 6

Shahzaib A wrote:

Thank you for the quick response but I had set scheduled payments options to when $1000 or more and i had only $35 in my account but still it happened.

The money was in your Upwork account for more than 6 months, which isn't possible, so it was automatically disbursed to your payment method.

View solution in original post

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
5 of 6

Hi Shahzaib,

Petra is correct, we can't keep your funds on Upwork for more than 180 days. Due to this, your earnings were pushed to your preferred payment method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
415400de
6 of 6

Ohh okay, i wasn't aware of that.
Thank you for the immediate feedback.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS