Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized refund

Highlighted
Rodion V Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
1 of 5

Hi.

I've just received a notification on my email from UpWork, that says that I've refunded some amount of money to one of my clients, but I have not authorized it or requested it! What could be the cause of this?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Hi Rodion,

It looks like there was an issue with your client's payment method and the part of the payment that was not covered by the Upwork Hourly Protection was reversed. Once your client resolves the issue with their payment method, they can issue a bonus to cover the reversed amount.

Hopefully, it is resolved soon.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 5

Valeria, you wrote, 'the part of the payment that was not covered by the Upwork Hourly Protection was reversed'. Would this be manually entered time?

4 of 5

Yes, John, it was manual time that got refunded as it is not covered by the Hourly Protection.

Rodion, I am glad it was clarified. Note that I had to remove the copy of the private email from your post as it's not allowed by our Guidelines.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Rodion V Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
5 of 5

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Rodion,

It looks like there was an issue with your client's payment method and the part of the payment that was not covered by the Upwork Hourly Protection was reversed. Once your client resolves the issue with their payment method, they can issue a bonus to cover the reversed amount.

Hopefully, it is resolved soon.

Hi, yes, thank you, looks like this is the case.

I've received an email from the support that says:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS