🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unauthorized refund
Page options
henryoo
Community Member

Unauthorized refund

Need some urgent help please! Just received unauthorized refund in my account from a client without my permission and all the payment has been refunded. Please upwork support let me know how you can help me. Also having some problems to get access to my account at the moment. Kindly help ASAP. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
kat303
Community Member

4 things could have caused that.

The client could have initiated a chargeback on their credit account

The client could have said the amount taken out of their bank/charge card was unauthorized

If this was an hourly job, you did not not use Upwork's Tracker or did not follow the correct procedures to be paid for hourly jobs.

The client could have cancelled the job and you did not see or dispute that. When a client cancels a job all funds in escrow get refunded.

I also see that you have some completed jobs for academic writers. I SURE hope that you are not doing any type of school/academic himework, research, or papers for students who should be doing that themselves. They are in school to learn, NOT to have someone else do their homework or papers for them. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Henry,

Unfortunately, when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. 

The team will also be reaching out to you directly via email with more information about your specific account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members