🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Understanding various dimensions of working v...
Page options
fkupwork
Community Member

Understanding various dimensions of working via UpWork (Individual vs Agency)

If I open an agency can I no longer be hired as an Individual?

I have opened an agency out of curiosity mostly. But when my client is hiring me by viewing my profile link, the payments and contracts are getting processed via the Agency Account as opposed to my individual freelancer account.

The client sees that I'm associated with the Agency while hiring me. Can I no longer be hired as an Individual?

Sahan (Unofficial Nickname)
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi I S M H,

1. This will depend on your status. If you're a part of your agency as an exclusive member you will only be able to work on projects under the agency.
However, if you're part of your agency as a Non-exclusive member client will be able to hire you under your freelancer profile and under your agency.  To learn more about this, check out this Help Article.

2 and 3. Yes, clients will be able to view on your profile that you're associated with an agency. The payments and contracts will depend on your status and whether your clients are hiring you under your freelancer profile or under your agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi I S M H,

1. This will depend on your status. If you're a part of your agency as an exclusive member you will only be able to work on projects under the agency.
However, if you're part of your agency as a Non-exclusive member client will be able to hire you under your freelancer profile and under your agency.  To learn more about this, check out this Help Article.

2 and 3. Yes, clients will be able to view on your profile that you're associated with an agency. The payments and contracts will depend on your status and whether your clients are hiring you under your freelancer profile or under your agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you I figured the solution out now. I need to go to my Freelancer account > Settings > My Teams > No Default Teams to be able to get hired individually. I had selected the default agency team there and that is why I got hired via the agency account even though I wanted to be hired as an Indovidual.

Thank you again for your help and the query I had is solved.

Sahan (Unofficial Nickname)
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths