Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair Feedback

fariha_r
Ace Contributor
Fariha Tarannum R Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
1 of 22

How do you change an unfair feedback if the client blocks you? He falsely claimed I passed the deadline and gave me a 1-star review after giving a threatening message initially on the day of the due date. I have requested help from an UpWork agent. Will it be effective?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 22

Not unless you are top rated. If you are top rated, you can remove one piece of feedback from your profile/JSS calculation every 3 months/10 jobs. Otherwise, there is generally no way to clear feedback. You have the opportunity to respond to feedback on your profile, but be very careful. Often, freelancers who use this opportunity end up doing themselves much more harm than good.

View solution in original post

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 22

Tiffany, good advice, but in this case she received a 1 star feedback so it's unlikely whatever she does now could make things worse.

4 of 22

I disagree, John. 1 star feedback, if it's inconsistent with other feedback, can look like the client's problem...or like it was a blip. Ranting in response, regardless of the facts, creates an incentive for prospective clients to go elsewhere even if they don't believe the substance of the bad feedback.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 22

@Tiffany S wrote:

I disagree, John. 1 star feedback, if it's inconsistent with other feedback, can look like the client's problem...or like it was a blip. Ranting in response, regardless of the facts, creates an incentive for prospective clients to go elsewhere even if they don't believe the substance of the bad feedback.

I certainly didn't intend to imply she should rant, but I think she should give a rebuttal in a professional manner.

Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
6 of 22

John K. posted:

@Tiffany S wrote:

I certainly didn't intend to imply she should rant, but I think she should give a rebuttal in a professional manner.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've always found it to be a good idea and try to practice to write down anything that potentially could be determined to be any kind of a rant and at least "sleep on it" before sending.  It's amazing how much wisdom that can be gained during contemplation thereof, and oftentimes things look much differently the next day.

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
7 of 22

@Pat M wrote:

I've always found it to be a good idea and try to practice to write down anything that potentially could be determined to be any kind of a rant and at least "sleep on it" before sending.  It's amazing how much wisdom that can be gained during contemplation thereof, and oftentimes things look much differently the next day.

In addition, it helps to not “rant” on an empty stomach. A good meal can do wonders.

I am off to my dinner-breakfast. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
tlsanders
Community Guru
8 of 22

@John K wrote:

@Tiffany S wrote:

Agree. That's why I said "be careful."

I also think it's important to keep her response very short.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 22

I'm still pretty proud of my pure snark in my response to that one dude that try to screw me over and it went into arbitration. That guy deserved it so much sooo sooooo much.

fariha_r
Ace Contributor
Fariha Tarannum R Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
10 of 22

Hi Jennifer. How did that arbitration go for you? Can you please describe everything that happened and how it resulted?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS