Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair Rating

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
11 of 16

It's too bad the JSS is set up so that so many freelancers think they must be awarded five stars on every project or their work wasn't sufficient or appreciated by the client and no one will want to hire them.

Work hard and stay conscientious - you're JSS will be fine.

Highlighted
Mohammad A Member Since: Jun 14, 2018
12 of 16

I dont even have thee JSS yet, what bothers me is that Im not qualified for rising talent anymore!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
13 of 16

@Mohammad A wrote:

I dont even have thee JSS yet, what bothers me is that Im not qualified for rising talent anymore!

1) If you want to be a true professional, you should never ask for or mention anything having to do with feedback to your clients - leave your clients alone. And by the way, feedback manipulation is against TOS.

2) The vast majority of us never ever had a "rising talant" on our profiles, and we've done just fine without it. You lose rising talent when you're getting ready to have a JSS.

3) There is nothing wrong with that feedback; Charles may be right, and if true, it could be a lot worse. You should note that clients peruse these forums as well ... making statements about being "p____d off" about feedback paints you in an unprofessional light.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 16

Excellent points from Virginia.

I would point out, though...

Yes, there are many clients use the Community Forum.

MOST clients, however, never look at the Community Forum.

My philosophy is this:

Is a specific client going to see YOUR name in a specific Forum post and make a hiring decision about YOU based on what you wrote?

Problably not.

But clients may make decisions about using Upwork in general based on what they read here.

I would like to see the Forum reflect the professionalism of Upwork's freelancers and the deep respect that freelancers have for the clients who actually pay us money.

So it is always good to be professional about how we speak about clients.

Highlighted
Mohammad A Member Since: Jun 14, 2018
15 of 16
Oh come on, I didnt say anything wrong about the client. I also want to work with him again. It was a great experience. I was just shocked about it. It may be even accedintal. I mean he rated everything for 4 stars, even communication and availability and Im actually almost up and online the whole day.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
16 of 16

Mohammad:

Don't worry about this.

Nobody is saying you said anything bad about the client.

You didn't know very much about how star average scores work. You said you were mad.

Now you know more about how things work.

Nobody is going to read this thread and think you're a bad freelancer. You're just relatively new and now you have learned more about Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS