cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair feedback Score

raven17
Ma. Cristina Kim S R Member Since: Nov 29, 2013
1 of 3
I worked with a client and I was supposed to give him the output in 12 hours, I wasn't able to meet the deadline due to personal reasons and he gave me 1 star overall This is the categories for the feedback Skills – 20% Quality – 20% Availability – 15% Deadlines – 15% Communication – 15% Cooperation – 15% I would understand that the client will give me 1 star for the deadline category, but to give me one star for all other category is unfair. while researching, I saw that one can refund the amount and the feedback will not be shown on their profile. I don't want to do that because I believe I deserve to be paid. Does he want me to refund him the amount and get the transcript - which I really worked hard for - for free? I'm sure I'm not the only one complaining about this, contractors are left with no choice and clients get their refund. Even though we disputed via Private messages, I still gave him a fair feedback. I have already submitted a request to investigate on this. but I just want to know what can I do with this one.
mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
2 of 3
If you contacted the client timeously, and advised him that you could not complete the job within the 12hr time-frame, he had the option to pay you for your portion and hand over to another contractor. It's difficult to see a bad review when we are so new to oDesk. When you have 100 reviews behind you, prospective clients can compare them. I can't see who the client is, but would advise you to look over his other reviews; if they are predominantly harsh, hopefully other clients will see that. Only advice I can offer is to respond to the rating. Keep it unemotional and professional like your post here. Good luck Mandy
fire_flash_ex
Ace Contributor
I S M H Member Since: Oct 6, 2010
3 of 3
I faced the same problem. But after talking over my client understands the fact and says that he had fixed it. But it is still showing 1 review to me. Is my client lying to me! Or is there any time window for the changing of feedback?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS